Riku's Route 3: Just Felt Like It

Riku formed his hand into a halberd shape, raised it, and swung it towards Yato. A boundary separating you and him to the God of Calamity. His eyes raging with fury. "Don't take another step. Stay away from, (y/n)!"

The cold breeze blew past Riku as he carried you on his back. He had removed his red jacket which he used to cover you. Although the night air made him shiver, he knew it will be worse for you. He was very ashamed that he couldn't protect you. If he was stronger, this wouldn't even happen. If he had better skills, he could have defeated Nora. If he was a better shinki, you wouldn't need to trouble about Yato anymore. If he was-

A weak punch hit his head, stopping his negative thoughts. "Stop that, you idiot. I can feel it too." You spoke from his ear. Your breath brushing against his skin. "It's not your fault, Riku. I... I shouldn't have let Yato go with them. If only I knew what they were plotting... I... I..."

"(Y/n)? Oi! Are you alright?" He turned enough to get a glance at your face and realized you were already dozing off again. He sighed, hot air escaping his mouth. "It's always Yato you're worried about."

Minutes later he arrived in front of Kofuku's door, calling her and Daikoku's name. Yukine slid it open instead and was surprised to see you on Riku's back. "What happened to (y/n)?"

"She kinda got injured during work. I'll bring her upstairs." He said while removing his sneakers with his feet. He tried to balance his self as he carried you upstairs and was glad after doing so. He carefully leaned you by the wall as he spread your futon on the floor then moved you there when he was done. When he got back downstairs, Daikoku gave him a suspicious look but did not asked him anything.

"Where the hell did that idiot go? He didn't even left a note." Yukine whined at the corner as he flipped the page of his textbook.

"Now, now, Yuki~" Kofuku patted his back. "He'll be back soon. Yato-chan had always been like that."

'He'll be back, huh?' Riku thought to himself, remembering what happened earlier. He clenched his hands into fists. It annoyed him how Yato hurt you earlier and how he had left Yukine here, without the boy knowing what he is currently up to. He had respected Yato despite his carefree attitude. Now, he do not know what to think of him.

He got back to you with a glass of water on his hand. He gently shook you and gave you the water once you were up. "(Y/n), I'm sorry."

You stopped drinking, raising an eyebrow at him. "Riku, I told you, it's not your fault. If anyone's at fault here, it should be-"

"I'm not apologizing for what happened with Yato." There was an edge in his voice. You felt a feeling of irritation in him. "I should have stopped you. If I had done that, perhaps you won't get hurt."

"I'm not that hurt compared to what happened at Takamagahara!"

"Not hurt physically," he bluntly said.

The look on his eyes caught you off guard. Riku often scold you at times when you're being reckless, but right now it was different. Something other than irritation was burrowed underneath and he himself is unaware of it.

"Yato knows what he is doing. It is not your obligation to save him everytime he finds himself in trouble. This time he got himself in it. You understand that it is his choice to go with Nora. You don't need to concern yourself-"

Tears fell from your (e/c) eyes as you listened to him. His words had hurt you, even though you know he does have a point. Your hand moved unconsciously to slap him. "I am to be blamed, Riku! Yato is my friend! If I only paid attention, I could have stopped him!"

"Enough of that!" His voice raised. The other three downstairs had probably heard him. Riku did not care. He held your hand tightly which had slapped him earlier. "Do you have to always stand for him? Yato can decide for his own. At least think about yourself too."

"This isn't Yato's decision. He was forced to do this and only I can help him." You studied his pained expression. You can also feel it in your chest.

"You're really stubborn." He sighed, letting go of your hand. "I will only help you, unless you do something reckless. We are not to confront them ever again. Not when we really need to."

"Riku." He smiled at you and yet you can still feel it on your chest. "Are you sure it's alright?"

"I am your examplar. Besides, can I even stop you?"

"But you. You're against it, aren't you? The idea of saving Yato." You stared at him, thinking if he started hating the god of calamity.

"The idea of Yato hurting you is what I'm against with." He moved closer and touch your shoulder. "I thought you can sense what I'm feeling."

Your face flushed when you realized what he meant. Riku was jealous. The irritation he was feeling was partially directed toward your stubbornness and more on Yato. It annoyed him everytime you worry about Yato despite the man hurting you.

His lips curved as he saw you stunned. "Why are you making that face?"

You averted your gaze at him. "Stop looking, pervert, before you start fantasizing things."

"As if I do that." You heard him.

"Just the other night you were-" Something soft and warm touched your lips. Your (e/c) eyes widened as you saw him kissing you. His warm hand caressed your cheek. Worse is, you kissed him back.

Your lips were moving against each other. You put your hands behind his head, deepening it. You know it's wrong to do this with your shinki, but your body moved on its own. You felt his hand on your back as he pushed you closer to him. Now, you were sitting on his lap. It felt good when it shouldn't be. He didn't blight you nor did he hesitated. Riku knows what he is doing and he knows it's right.

Your lips parted as you both breathed for air. Both of your cheeks were red as you moved back to your futon. You involuntary covered your face from embarrassment. "What are you doing, you idiot?"

He blushed, realizing what he had just done. "I just felt like it."

"Idiot!" You layed and covered yourself with your blanket, looking like a tomato.

"You just said that twice now."

"Because you shouldn't kiss people when you feel like it! You idiot!"

"Coming from someone who asked for one when drunk." He whispered.

"What did you say?!"

"Nothing." Riku stood up and walked to the door. "You better take a rest. We'll talk how to help Yato afterward. I'm confiscating your phone so you can sleep."

"Wait! If you take it, I won't be able to watch (f/a)!" You protested right after he closed the door.

"That's better." He lazily told you as you heard him going down the stairs.

"That game otaku." You muttered to yourself, pulling the blanket over your head. You thought about the kiss earlier and blushed again. The tip of your finger sliding on your lower lip. First, he was scolding you then, next, he was kissing you. Did he just do that to shut you up?

You know what he felt towards you. He didn't need to say it for you to be aware of it. You have access to his feelings. You know you can't return it. A god and a shinki loving each other. Kofuku and Daikoku. Kazuma and Bishamon. Although they do not need to say it, you are aware that they were like that.

Perhaps, it shouldn't be impossible with Riku. You are his master and he is your shinki. Practically speaking, you already own him. But loving him is different. It will be harder than the normal human love.

"Will it really be okay?" You thought loudly under your blanket.