Special Chapter: Lost Boy (2)

"(y/n)... you're a god of death?"

"He didn't know?" The younger Yato smirked as he mocked you. "You sure have a nice way deceiving your shinkis."

"I... I don't intend to do that." You silently said while looking at the ground. "I didn't want to be a Shinigami."

"You don't get to choose that. Gods were made through humans' wishes. Though I bet you already know about that." He lunged towards you. "Will you still be her shinki knowing that, Sorata?"

You felt your scythe tilt and swung in front of you blocking his attack. Your hands are shaking but you still managed to stop Yato from harming you. "Sorata?"

The tip of his blade cracked as he grunted in pain. "We'll talk about this later, (y/n). Focus on fighting Yaboku and Hiiro first. They are used to slaying people. He's a god of calamity after all."

You gritted your teeth as you continued on blocking his powerful attacks while also trying your best not to fall on the ground. You noticed the cracks on your shinki's blade and leapt away from Yato. "Sorata! Can you still-"

"Don't worry about me. I'm alright." He answered, obviously trying not to sound in pain.

"Are you stupid?! If you continued to clash with that sword of his, you'll break! You know what that means, right?!" You shouted angrily.

"I'd rather die than having you killed, you stupid idiot!" He retorted in annoyance to which you were taken aback.

"Don't you look away from your opponent!" Yato attacked you again with blue murderous eyes, aiming his blade at your neck quickly.

Sorata was faster as he swung his self at your front, attempting to hit Yato before he could even get close to you.

Yato's grin grew wider and shifted his piercing stance into one that would hit Sorata more powerful and heavier. "You're done for."

"NO! SORATA!"

"GAAAAHHH!" He shrieked in pain as a larger crack almost cutting him into half was created in his blade.

This time, Yato was the one to move away from you and watched your horrified expression with great pleasure. "That's enough for now. Revert, Hiiro."

You also returned Sorata to his human form with a shaking voice, worried whether he's on the verge of dying or in extreme pain.

He stood in front of you, panting and clutching his shoulder. His forehead has a deep cut where blood is gushing out of it but it is none to the one in his shoulder across his back. He fell foward to your chest as you held him in your arms.

"Sorata! Oi! Sorata!" You shouted and shook him before he opened his crimson eyes.

"Shut up." He said weakly as he laid on your lap. "Turn me back into my vessel form before they drag you with them."

"No! You'll die! How many times would I tell you that?! I can't afford risking my very first shinki!" You answered back. "We're going home and let father attend to you."

"Who's going home? You're coming with us." Yato told you with the same smirk he have earlier and slowly walked toward you.

Sorata turned to him and glared at Yato, still clutching his wound. "I thought I told you not to go near her, Yaboku." He drew another boundary with his free hand, stopping Yato to go any further.

"For a mere shinki, you sure have the guts to raise a boundary to the likes of us." His eyes became more murderous than before but it did not stop Sorata to exchange dirty looks with him.