Chapter 23: Gathering

"AHHH! WHY?! WHY DID SHE BLOCKED ME?! (Y/N)! TELL ME! AM I A BAD GUARDIAN?!" Yato whined from the other line. "SHE EVEN BLOCKED ME ON TWITTER!"

Your eyebrows twitched as you forced yourself to listen to his complaints from your cellphone. "She didn't even asked you to be her guardian."

"BUT SHE SAID SHE WANTS TO BE WITH US. SHOULDN'T YOU BE DOING THE SAME?!"

"Tone it down, will you? You're overreacting to the point that Hiyori-chan find it creepy. You're making to much of a racket just because you're only follower is ignoring you." You answered as you here his sniffles.

"WELL, AT LEAST I'M NOT BEING TSUNDERE ABOUT IT LIKE YOU!" He mocked you. "It doesn't look cute! Baka! Baka!"

"SHUT UP!" You hung up on him, tired of hearing his childish pleas. "Who's being a tsundere?! That bastard!"

"Ah! Yanagi-san!" You heard Hiyori's voice from the second floor window.

You moved behind the tree where they won't see you and listened to their conversation. Despite of what you told Yato earlier, here you are stalking the two half-ayakashis in their school.

"Iki-san, will you please explain this to me?" Reo asked in an irritated tone. "Yato keeps on calling me, asking stuffs like how did school go and if I need help with something. (y/n), on the other hand, sends texts the same as Yato's."

"Same with me. To be honest, Yato's getting irritating while (y/n) sounds like my mother when I first went to school." Hiyori retorted, also showing her cellphone.

Reo sighed. "I appreciate that they're looking after us but it's getting annoying. They sound like stalkers."

Their words hitted right through you. "I s-sound like a mother and a s-stalker? That's just harsh, Reo, Hiyori-chan."

"By the way, Yanagi-san, Yukine-kun asked if you're free after school. Well, are you?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"He said about having a picnic by the riverside. Well, we'll just meet him there." Hiyori answered before the two of them returned to their classes.

Your phone rang again, showing Riku's caller id. You answered it immediately. "How's work?"

"Where are you? At least help me out here." He said from the other line. "There are a lot of customers this morning."

"That's why I told you not to work in a convenience store." You said. "By the way, have you heard anything from Kazuma and the others?"

"Yeah. They said they're coming." He answered. "You think this will work? She tried to kill you and Yato before and now you're suddenly making peace?"

"What do you want me to do? It's better than killing each other, right? Besides, they can help us if we ever need it."

"Well, you're not wrong. I hope it goes well." He retorted. "I'll see you guys later after I finish my work here."

"Yup yup~ Goodluck, Riku-kun~" I cheered.

"Don't spend too much money, (y/n). We hardly get jobs these days." You hummed in response before he hung off. "Later then."

Afternoon came...

"Yukine-kun! Hiyori-chan! Reo! Yo!" You greeted them and glared at Yato when you saw him. "What are you doing here, perverted stalker?!"

"Shut up! Yukine invited me, tsun tsun stalker!" He retorted with the same glare.

"Tsun tsun stalker?" Reo thought to himself loudly.