Chapter 7: Unexpected Visitor

Yato wrapped a cloth on his shoulder where Kuraha bit him once he regained his strength. He went to the well where the water is and soaked the towel you gave him in it. He stared at it for a while while putting it on his nape to heal his blight.

You and Riku are currently staying with Yato tonight since you thought that it would be dangerous for him to be alone with his current condition. You left him alone, thinking that he needed it. "Riku, how about you?" You turned to your shinki, noticing the cut on his temple. "Let me help you with that."

"You don't need to. I can handle this alone." He pushed your hand away as he cleaned his wound with a wet cloth and put a bandage on it. "What about you? You're not hurt, aren't you?"

"Nah, just a scrape on my elbow. I probably got it when I was chasing after them." You told him.

"I see." He said and then turned away.

"AREN'T YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE WORRIED ABOUT IT?!" You shouted at him.

"What?! You said it was JUST a scrape!" He sighed in frustration. "This is why I can't understand girls." He gave up and checked on your elbow. "You don't even need to treat it."

"But what if germs infected it?" You innocently said.

"Infected?! Your a god and you won't die because of that!" Riku retorted, making you pout again. "Ughh fine."

You grinned at him warmly which made him blush a bit. "Thanks, Riku." You got your small scrape treated and thanked your shinki. You went back to Yato and saw Nora crouching on the well in front of him. "Nora."

She looked you with a hint of hatred showed on her eyes. "(y/n), I don't want you intervening in our plans."

You raised an eyebrow at her. "Who cares? As if I care if you want it or not."

"You never learned, (y/n). Father will do something about you." She said with the same smile and disappeared.

Yato went to you with the drenched towel in his hand. "Nora's right. You should stay away from them. We don't know what he will do this time. Worst is he'll try to kill you."

"The sorcerer, you mean?" You glanced at him. "You know I don't follow what others say, Yato. I'll do something about it alone. I can't risk my shinki's safety after all."

"Tch. You idiot." He mumbled then rested on the shrine's donation box.

"Ah! What did you just call me?! Dumbass!" You retorted back at him.

"Shut up. I'm going to sleep."

Riku also sat not far away from Yato, leaning his back on the wall and checked his phone for the last time.

You sat beside him, also deciding to sleep. The things that happened today exhausted you as you slowly fell asleep, thinking about the things that may happen in the next days.

Yato, on the other hand, watched you sleep secretly. He then looked at the night sky with his arm on his forehead. 'Why did you decided to show up now, (y/n)?'

Three days have passed...

You walked with your shinki on the streets tonight as you noticed a strange activity happening around. "Something's not right here." You looked around and searched for the source of the uncomfortable sensation you are feeling. 'It's the same feeling when the ayakashis that stays with Nora appear. How can she even control them?'

The cold air brushed your skin as you strolled on the dark streets somewhere in the city. It was unusually peaceful today since you often pass by here where delinquents often gather to do some sort of their illegal activities but right now no one is around.