Yato's Route 3: Just A Little Longer

You stopped by the convenience store to buy the latest newspaper. It became your morning routine these weeks since Yato was gone.

Despite your shinki's several warnings, you still visit the places mentioned in the articles about the recent killings. And now, you are on your way to one of them. You just can't stay still with Yato under his father's control.

Jumping from rooves to lampposts, you saw the location where Yato's recent victim died. Police yellow tapes covered the gates of the residence, but you didn't need to trouble yourself with that. You jumped through the fence and entered it without the authorities noticing.

It was quite the Japanese mansion. You turned to the hall beside the garden. You wished that you should have brought Riku along in his vessel form. The house's atmosphere gave you the same vibes as the anime you had finished recently.

"This could have been the perfect chance to try my breathing form." You muttered to yourself as you continued your way through the hall.

The eerie silence ticked you off so you sang your favorite opening song. You didn't mind it since you thought no one will hear you.

You soon arrived at the scene of the crime. The body of a man lied on the tatami mat on the middle of the room. As grotesque as it was, you approached it. His throat was slitted, meaning he died instantly. Dried blood stained the floor and the victim's clothes. The shocked expression on his face meant he was attacked by surprise.

From what you have read from the newspaper, the man was previously a suspect in the murder of a seven years old child, but found not guilty. The child's family must have been desperate to hand justice to the victim and gave the work to the God of Calamity.

It is, without a doubt, the work of Yato.

You clenched your fists, crumpling the paper in your hand. You stood up and moved to leave until a white object caught your attention.

A one-eyed mask was placed in the corner of the room. You picked it up and flipped it. A piece of paper was also there with the same handwritten note of your former shinki. You slipped the paper inside your pocket and turned to the sliding door.

Only to find the silhouette of a familiar god standing on the threshold. His fierce blue eyes stared at you. He doesn't seemed pleased to see you. "You really don't listen, do you?"

"Again, you are in no place to give me orders." You glared back at him. Your gaze meeting his.

He stepped inside and glanced at the body between the two of you. His eyes narrowed for a while as he asked, "Do you loathe me?"

"What do you think?" You coldly said and yet these same words that came from your mouth hurted you as much as it hurted him.

A sad smile escaped his lips. "You should better cut ties with me. I, since years ago, brought nothing but trouble to you. If you hadn't met me back then, perhaps you would not need to remove Sorata's name. You could have lived a happy and peaceful life."

"I do not loathe you, Yato. At least not because of my own sufferings. It was worth it to be honest. I couldn't have been more happy if I didn't met you." A tear ran down through your cheeks. "I hate you for making yourself suffer. I hate you for not telling us your problems. I hate you for not asking our help. And most of all, I hate you for not relying on me." You looked at him as he strode towards you. "Tell me. Am I not worthy? Can't you trust me-"

His hand covered your mouth as he pulled you with him. His index finger flew to his lips. "Shh."

"Yato?" You heard Nora's voice as she entered the room. She searched the room for any signs of him, but she found nothing. "He must have went ahead then."

You were about to pushed the cabinet door open when Yato yanked your hand away from it. "What?"

"She might come back," he hissed.

"Then, what do you plan to do? Why are you even hiding here with me?" Your face flushed as the two of you hid in the cramped space.

He was taller than you, so you can't see if he was doing the same and you dared not to. But his lack of response and the thumping of his heart inside his chest told you so.

You wondered if he could hear yours too. You stayed silent, unable to get the words out. How long will the two of you stay in such a position.

"(Y/n)." Yato broke the silence. He touched your (h/c) hair. "You smell good."

You frowned at him as you looked up. "You could have said other things and that's the one you chose?"

"Well, what do you suppose should I tell you in this situation?" Yato averted his gaze at you. His cheeks were bright red.

Your chests pushed against each other as you both breathed. It was getting hotter as long as the two of you stayed there. Sweat trickled down your forehead. "I don't know."

His hands found your cheek. "(Y/n), do not worry about me. I promise. I will come back as soon as I'm over with this."

"There you go again. I'm tired of hearing the same-"

"I will revoke Hiiro of her name." The determination and resolution are clear in his eyes. Those always dazzling blue eyes.

You stared at him in bewilderment. "But she... She grew up with you. You were like siblings. Do you really need to do that?"

"It's the only way. Hiiro is under the Sorcerer's control. It was long ago since I left their family." He grinned at you. This time, a genuine one. "We found a new one anyway, right?"

You did the same. "So, what's the plan?"

"I'll entrust that to you and your connection. Do not come meet me anymore until then. It's too risky."

"Fine." You agreed, understanding what he meant. You peaked outside again, not hearing any signs of movement. "I think she's not coming back." You pushed the cabinet open. "Let's go."

"Wait, not yet." He pulled you back by the waist and closed it. "Just a little longer."

"Oh please, Yato. She's not coming back anymore. What are you still..." Your words faltered as you felt his skin against yours. The warmth of his hand spreaded on your cheeks as he pulled your waist with his free arm. A hint of longing was displayed on his face. You fought the urge to do it.

But you failed.

You wrapped your arms around his neck and pushed the back of his head closer to yours. "What are you waiting for?"

He bent his head down, pecking your lips. His cheeks grew beet red. You thought it was cute when he's that flustered. "That was my first."

You giggled. "Are you a maiden in love?"

"I'm not a maiden, dumbass." He bent forward again, kissing you fully now. His fingers caressed your cheek as he pulled you more closer. His lips moved slowly as he kissed you. Then, eventually, adding more speed to it. The hunger in it more visible.

You brushed his hair as your bodies embraced each other. You felt hot. Inside and physically. You have to stop now before things get out of hand.

He grabbed your thigh which made you create a weird noise. He ignored it and continued kissing you.

You felt him touching the hem of your shirt. The heat rushed to your face as you pulled back. "Yato! Not here."

"What?" He blinked. Realizing what he just tried to do, he became redder. "S-Sorry. I got carried away."

"Y-Yeah. Me too." You looked away from him.

"I should be going then." He patted your head and kissed it. "We'll continue this next time."

"You idiot!" You moved to slap him, but he already came out of the cabinet you were in. You watched him walk to the door. "You promised, okay?"

"Yeah. I promise. I won't break it this time." He stepped towards the hallway. "Oh, and, by the way," He paused and turned to you.

"I love you, (y/n)"

[A/n: So ye, lewd thingies issa no no, dear readers teehee~♡ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ]