Riku's Route 1: Being Your Shinki

"Oi! Riku!" You lightly tapped his cheeks as you wake your shinki up. "Hey! Wake up! Geez~ I said we're taking places in watching the babies." You sighed as you glanced at his sleeping form while sitting on the couch. 'He looks so peaceful.'

The two of you are currently on an apartment owned by a couple. They were out on a business trip and couldn't bring their twins with them. They couldn't also just leave them alone in this small apartment since they were still just babies and they also don't have any relatives nearby to take care of them thus they didn't have a choice but to rely to the likes of you.

You remembered about the time you met him that night and named him as your shinki and his past when he was still a living person. The girl, the scissors, the crossing, those feelings and words that were never said, and his regrets. You promised to yourself that you'll do your best to fulfill the role of those who were once important to him and do the things he never experienced before with him. You didn't noticed that you fell asleep with your mind drifting about Riku's condition when he was still alive.

Several minutes after...

Riku opened his eyes, seeing the peaceful and small face of the infant sleeping between his legs with it's soft and light head leaning on his stomach. "So they finally calmed down, huh? That's good." His dark red eyes shifted over to you who is lying on the living room's couch with the other twin of the baby the two of you are taking care of. 'Looks like she also fell asleep to.'

He gently carried the sleeping baby to their crib and got the other one next to you, laying it next to the other. He smiled warmly as he watched their peaceful faces. 'Next is that big baby on the couch.' He went inside the couple's room, looking for a blanket.

Your (h/l) (h/c) hair covers a part of your (s/c) face as you were in a deep slumber due to the exhaustion from taking care of the kids.

Riku covered your body with the blanket he got and stared at you for a while. 'She looks so defenseless right now. Right. She's also a girl.' He turned away and went to get a drink. 'Despite of her violent behavior, she's also just a girl. Just different from the others...'

A short while after, a cry was heard from the living room. Riku immediately went to where you and the babies are and saw a large ayakashi shaped like a spider in the ceiling above the crib. "That's!" He turned to you and tried to wake you up. "(y/n)! (y/n)! Wake up!"

"Huh? What do you want, Riku? Don't bother my sleep. I-" You grumpily shrugged him off before you opened your eyes and saw the ayakashi above you. "Saki!"

Riku turned to his vessel form as you held him on your hands. "(y/n)! Quick! The babies!"

"Don't worry the ayakashi won't affect them. It's only after us. They cannot affect the living after all." You jumped away when the large red spider moved to attack you and started crawling on the ground.

"Where did it came from anyway?" He asked.

"From those twins' parents." You answered. "Those two has financial problems. Haven't you seen the bills in the mailbox? Their working theirselves out just to earn money for the kid's expenses and with that those two often fight, creating this ayakashi. After all, money is one of those things that people desires the most."

"Money, huh? It's true that it does provide sorts of things we need to live but wouldn't too much will just create greed?" He continued as you sliced the web that the spider threw at you.

You paused for a while remembering something unnerving from his question. 'Greed? Too much greed and envy will lead someone to do something bad. That's right. Riku is a victim of those sins.'

"(y/n)! Hey! Watch out!"

You were trapped by the cobweb against the wall, unabling you to move. You tried to tear it since you can't use your hands and cut it with Riku but it was too thick and tight that you can't even move an inch. "Damn it. It's too firm."

"(y/n), revert me back. I'll remove it for you." Riku suggested.

"Right." You agreed and did as what he suggested to. "Revert, Rin."

He came back to his human form and made a borderline before the ayakashi can attack the two of you. He stared at you for a while and pulled his phone from his pocket while snickering.

"H-Hey what are you trying to do?! Hurry and get me off this thing!" You demanded as he snapped a picture of you stuck in the cobweb. "Oh come on! We still need to defeat that ayakashi!"

"Yeah, yeah. Well, the chance has finally appeared for me to pay you back with those humiliations you did to me before so I couldn't resist." He said as he cutted the webs, helping you to break free from it.

"Y-You! Don't you dare show that to others!" You said with a blush on your face as you looked at your state in Riku's phone. "S-Saki!" You called his vessel name as he once again turned into a black katana. You eyed the spider ayakashi in front of you as the borderline your shinki created disappeared, waiting for it's next attack.

"Smells nice." It attacked you with several cobwebs and then pounced at you while you evaded it by jumping to the ceiling.

"It's time to finish this." You muttered as you spinned in the air and put your two fingers on the katana's blade. "You who desecrate this land of the rising sun, with my advent, I, (y/n)... lay waste with the Saki and expel thy vast defilement!" You pushed yourself towards the ground and sliced the ayakashi in to smaller pieces, making it disappear. "Rend!"

"Ugh. That was tiring." You yawned as you went towards the crib, checking the twins' condition. "So they fell asleep again, huh? That's good." You almost fell to the floor due to drowsiness before you fell on Riku's arms.

"She didn't get enough sleep with all the things that happened this past week, didn't she?" He sighed as he carried you to the bed. "What a troublesome girl."

He smiled as you muffled about not showing the picture to Yato and the others while sleeping. He touched the strands of your hair that covers your face and moved it behind your ear. "That's why I cannot take my eyes off you."