Chapter 4: Untold Secrets

"Ehhh?! (y/n)-chan attacked you?!" Kofuku bursted out, surprised of hearing about you from Yato.

"Uhmm. Who is she?" Hiyori asked, curious about your identity.

"She is a god of death." Yato answered. "Someone who kills people."

"A god of death?!" Hiyori and Yukine shouted in sync. "How did you got acquainted with such a god, Yato?!"

"Well..." He rubbed the back of his head and answered vaguely. "It's a long story."

"What do you-"

"Oh! It's getting late! Yukine, let's go!" Yato dragged the boy out of Kofuku and Daikoku's house. He purposely avoided her question.

"Ah! Yato! Wait!" Hiyori called out to the other two. She turned to Kofuku, expecting that she would get an answer. "About what you said earlier, it's a lie, right?"

Kofuku smiled. "It's the truth. Yato-chan killed a shinki before. I started hearing about him from nasty rumors. Besides that, Yato-chan is a god of war. He also kills humans."

Daikoku tossed the box of cigarettes to her head. "That's an old story. There's no need to go around now spreading that story from a long time ago."

She paused for a while before remembering something else. "And about, (y/n)-san was it? What's her connection with Yato?"

"Don't go near around that woman." The middle-aged man warned her as he smoked. "Just like Yato said, she's a god of death. She wouldn't hesitate to kill someone who's in her way. In other words, she's dangerous. If you have questions about her, ask Yato. He knows a lot about  her than us."

'A god of death? I wonder how Yato met her.' She bowed and then smiled. "Thanks for everything, Kofuku-san, Daikoku-san."

"Bye-bye, Hiyorin!" The pink haired woman bid her farewell.

"Be careful on your way home." Daikoku added.

At Riku's side...

"It would be a shame if you kill him like the previous ones."

Yato's words kept on popping on Riku's mind as he was playing a game on his phone. "She killed her own shinki? Now that I think about it, she never mentioned anything about her past." He looked at the night sky above as he sat on the ground by the donation box in Tenjin's shrine. "Now, I'm curious about it."

"Curious about what?" Your smiling face appeared above him suddenly and startled him.

"What the f- Since when are you there?!" He jumped in surprise that he almost dropped his phone.

"Just a few minutes ago." You answered then pouted. "Why did you left me alone earlier? Because of that I got lost!"

"Don't you have a sense of direction?" Riku asked as you rested on top of the donation box.

"Hmph. Whatever." You yawned and layed your body.

Riku glanced at you as if he wanted to say something. He leaned his back on the box and started to speak. "Who's that guy earlier? He's also a god, right?"

"You mean Yato? Yeah, he's also a god. A god of calamity to be specific." You limited your words, careful not to reveal anything about you. "I met him a long time ago in a job. Remember Nora?"

"That girl with short black hair? Yeah. What about her?"

"She is also his shinki. He used to fight with her before. I heard she also grew up with him. Anyways, why are you asking about Yato suddenly? Does he piqued your interest?" You asked in suspicion.

"Not that much." He denied. "About what he said earlier. Did you really killed your previous shinkis?"

Silence covered the two of you for a while which annoyed him a bit. "And what if I really did? What will you do?" You finally answered with a mysterious tone and smile.

He doesn't know how to answer. He was frightened of what you can do if he said the wrong words so he only remained silent. 'I don't get her sometimes. At first I thought she's only a carefree god who likes watching anime. So she also have a dark side, huh?' He glanced at the (h/c) haired lady and sighed. 'I'd guess I'll sleep for now.'

Next morning...

You woke up earlier than Riku so you checked your social media using your cellular phone to look on the website you made to receive jobs since you thought that people often use the internet nowadays. "Looks like we don't have jobs today, huh?"

You took a glance to your sleeping sacred vessel. He has his head leaning on the box which clearly shows his pale face. You thought of something and grinned evilly.

"I'll be going ahead, Riku." You silently whispered and left a small paper in his pocket. After that, you went out to the streets and strolled around looking for something to waste your time on.

You thought of visiting Yato and his new shinki, Yukine, but you also thought that he still doesn't trust you and it would be dangerous to confront them without Riku.

You passed by a shop full of anime merchandise and comic books which intrigued you. You spent your time there checking out things that you couldn't even afford. You left the shop and continued your little journey in the afternoon.

Then you saw a lion on the sky jumping on buildings and lampposts. A half naked woman with long blonde hair wearing only a gray leather jacket, skirt, long black boots, and a black hat rides on it while slaying the ayakashis around her.

You smirked at the sight of her and put your hands on the pocket of your (f/c) hoodie. "Heh~ Another interesting person showed up." You secretly followed her and leapt on a lamppost.

At Bishamon's side...

"Kuraha, handle the smaller ayakashis." The blonde hair woman jumped from the furry lion as she faced a large dragonfly shaped ayakashi.

"Understood." Her shinki answered and went down to the streets to fight the other ayakashis.

"Kinuha, target it's wings." Bishamon commanded as she dived from a building to face the large ayakashi.

"Yes, milady." Her whip shinki answered and attacked the creature's right wing, making it fall to the ground.

"Gaiki! Suuki!" At the moment she mentioned those names, guns appeared on both her hands as she was spinning in midair.

"Your target is it's head. Reaching desired angle in three, two, one." Kazuma counted before Bishamon fired several shots at the large dragonfly.

A pattern appeared on the sky after she finished it. Her lion shinki is also done with his job and caught her before she fell to the ground.

Kugaha leapt on the sky above the city's buildings with Bishamon riding on his back. He looked at a rooftop of a building they passed by after he noticed someone on it. "Milady, there's a girl standing right there."

Bishamon turned to the figure her shinki saw. "That is..."

"It's (y/n)." Kazuma continued as he zoomed her vision to see you clearly. 'What is she thinking showing up in front of Veena without her shinki?'

"Kugaha, go over there." The lion quickly followed her command and immediately went to where you are.

You smiled nicely and greeted the war god while your (h/l) (h/c) hair followed the wind's movement. "It's been a long time, Bishamonten! How are you?"

She eyed you with her sharp purple eyes. "What are you doing here, God of Death? Have you forgotten that I told you not to show your face to me again?"

"My, my~ I'm not here to fight. Let's just have a short little chat, shall we?" You said without removing your friendly smile.