Chapter One

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP. I groan sitting up and slamming my alarm clock off.I lay back down and snuggle back up to my blankets and pillows for a few more minutes. I open my eyes a few minutes later and see it's 7:30. I groan again standing up, leaving the warmth of my bed and going to take a shower.

I quickly wash myself off and dry off before wrapping a towel around me and going to pick out an outfit. I walk into my closet and grab a pair a white jean shorts and a pink crop. I quickly throw it on before walking back into my bathroom and  taking my long brunette hair out of the low ponytail I had it in. It takes me a good ten minutes to finally get all the knots out, before I lightly curl my hair so it reaches my waist.

I check my phone and see it's 8:10, so I have 10 minutes before the boys come and pick me up.I quickly brush my teeth and put on some light makeup and head downstairs. I check my watch and see it's already 8:20 so I run downstairs and into the kitchen. I quickly grab an apple and try to run outside but someone stands in front of me stopping me. I look up and see my eldest brother Zach. "Where are you going Madison?" He questioned raising one eyebrow. "My friends are picking me up." I reply with an eye roll. He looks at me like he's debating something before standing aside and letting me pass. 

I walk outside and go right into Jonahs's car hopping in the back seat in the middle seat, next to Alex, knowing we were about to pick up Cooper. "Good morning Maddie." Jonah said looking at me in the rearview mirror. "Hi!" I said back. He pulled into Coopers driveway and turned around to face me. He first eyed my outfit choice then eyed my apple. "First of all what are you wearing?" He asked looking me up and down. "Clothes" I smiled back at him. He rolled his eyes before motioning for Daniel, who was in the passenger seat, to give him something from the floor board. Daniel handed it to him and he threw it back at me. It was one of his large grey zip up hoodies. I rolled my eyes once again before putting it on over my crop top. "Secondly what's that?" He asked pointing at my apple as Cooper got in the car and sat next to me kissing my temple. "Hey Love." He said to me. I smiled at Cooper before answering Jonah. "My breakfast?" I said questioning what was wrong. He sighed before handing me a croissant and my Starbucks order. "I really do love you huh?" I said cheekily before biting into my food. "Mhm" he said driving us to school. 

When we finally got there I threw my food trash in a random trash can and walked to our lockers with my friends. When we got there I took my books out of my locker and we all made our way to math, which we all had together.

—————-

We got to math and sat at our original table. I was sitting across from Cooper, with Daniel on my left and Logan on my right. Alex was across from Daniel and Jonah was across from Logan. The lesson was overall boring and stupid.At the end of the class Mrs.Norbert announced that we would be doing a project with a partner. We  all immediately looked at each other but then the teacher said she would pick the partners.

All six of us groaned as she began announcing names. "Lilly and Mary, Andrew and Alex, Isabelle and Daniel, Logan and Ella, Madison and Jace..........." I stopped listening once I heard my name and made eye contact with Jace. Ugh I hate him. He's been my brothers friend for as long as I can remember. He smirked at me and I just rolled my eyes. I looked back at my friends and laid my head on Logan's shoulder. Once class ended I turned to my friends, "Who wants to show how much they love me and switch partners with me?" I practically begged my friends. They all laughed at me and Logan walked up to the teacher pulling me with him. "Is there any way I can switch partners with Madison?" He asked. The teacher looked between the two of us before sighing. "I'm sorry, who you get is who you get." I could tell that made Logan mad, but he didn't say anything and dragged me back to our group. They raised their eyebrows at us and we shook our heads.

"I'm sure it will be fine, Maddie!" Alex stated smiling at me. I smiled back and nodded because I really didn't want to talk about this anymore. 

I walked to science with Jonah, Logan and, Daniel and we took our seat again. This teacher had assigned seating though so we weren't next to each other, but Daniel was right behind me. "Good Morning Class!" Our teacher said walking into the room. Some people answered saying good morning but most didn't like me and my friends. "Today we have a new student so please be nice to him and help welcome him to our school!" She said in a way too cheerful voice for 9:40 in the morning. "Please help me welcome Matteo!" She said as a tall, brunette boy walked into the room.