Chapter eleven

I woke up smiling mostly because of my interaction with Theo last night. It was a game day so I packed my uniform and all my cheer stuff in my cheer backpack before getting ready.

I put on a white fitted tank and a red sweatshirt over it just to cover my shoulder so my friends don't have a fit. I put on black shorts and started doing my hair. I brushed it and put it in two low pigtails before lightly curling it and plucking two of the front strands out. 

I did my makeup and brushed my feet before going downstairs. I snuck out quickly so my brothers wouldn't hear me and for once I actually succeeded! 

I hopped in Alex's car that was waiting outside for me. I noticed the sad look on his face and questioned him about it. "What happened Al?" I asked looking at him through the rear view mirror. He sighed before smiling back and me and turning around to face me. "Nothing Madd just stressed for the game later.

"You'll do great Al!" I couldn't believe he was actually sacred about the game. He's one of the best players I've ever seen.

Alex POV

I couldn't tell Maddie the truth because it would break her. She's always been a little upset that everyone else but me and her will get to work together when they turn 18 and we'd be left out. Personally I was happy I didn't have to work there because it's dangerous and I don't want to be involved in that. But know I have to. My brother has given up his spot so now I have to take it.

Now it's just Maddie. I sighed and smiled at her before telling her I was just nervous about football. I hated lying to her but I it's for her own benefit.

I picked up everyone else and drove us to school. I plan on telling the guys later at the game and tell Maddie only when I have to. It's for her own good.

——————

After a long day we finally started the football game. I looked at Mads before the kickoff and she gave me a thumbs up smiling at me from the sidelines. I looked away and got focused on the game.

——————

It was now halftime me and the guys have played every play up until now so we're exhausted. I see Maddie walk onto the field smiling, she looked over at us and I gave her a thumbs up just like she gave me earlier. She rolled her eyes and the music started.

They did a dance thing and went into what Mads calls 'stunts' I don't know what anything is called but all I know is that Maddie is in the air every second doing some dangerous trick practically sending me into a coma every time.

They finally finish and Maddie walks up to us. I hug her and pick her up. "Good job Mads." "You too! See I told you you didn't need to be nervous!" I still felt bad for lying but whatever. "What are they doing here." Logan says in disgust behind me. I turn around and look at the spot he's looking at.

Oh great. It's Madd bios.

Madison POV

I am praying right now that they're only here to watch the boys and blindfolded themselves when my group went.

I went back to the sidelines as the game started again and continued calling cheers but it felt weird with my brothers there.

————————

It was the end of the game and we won 28-12. I ran up to my friends as they ran off the field hugging the life out of them. They all looked at me sadly for some reason but I just ignored it. We were all going to sleep over at Coopers house so I grabbed my stuff and followed them to the car. "Madison!"