chapter twenty one

I woke up today and stayed in bed for a few hours. It was a Saturday and I didn't feel like facing my brothers or anyone for that matter.

I was rewatching Gilmore Girls for the hundredth time when I got a text. I reluctantly checked it praying it wasn't one of my brothers telling me to go talk to Zach.

Thankfully it wasn't anyone I know, it was a random number, again. I rolled my eyes and checked the message.

What's a pretty girl that you doing laying in bed all Saterday?

Okay this is getting extremely stalkery. I immediately blocked the number.

There goes that problem. 

I decided to just face my problems and see my brothers. I didn't mean to yell at Zach yesterday, I was just mad at my whole situation with my friends, but he deserved it so I don't really care.

They've seen sucky towards me since I was born, so if me sticking up for myself upsets them, then so be it.

I showered quickly and threw my hair in a ponytail. I grabbed some sweats and put them on, since I'm not expecting to be going out today.

I went downstairs to the kitchen since I was starving and grabbed a pack of chips and a soda.

I was eating at the island when I heard footsteps around me. I turned my head slightly to see Zach and Liam walking in. 

I faced away again and started picking at my nails. I felt their glares in the back of my head but ignored it.

Eventually they started waking again, to around the island facing me.

I kept my head down and continued picking at my hangnails.

"Madison."

"Yeah." I whispered, head still down.

I may not be sorry about what I said, but I'm still scared for their reaction. I stormed out yesterday so maybe they've calmed down, or maybe that made them more mad.

"Look at me." I slowly lifted my head and started back at my eldest brother. He perched himself against the counter opposite of the island.

I tried to read what his emotions were towards me, but as always he wore an emotionless face that let no one through. 

He stared at me for a while, like me was trying to read my emotions as well, but I wouldn't let him, I tried keeping the same emotionless stare he always uses, key word tried.

It was silent for around five minutes before Liam cleared his throat, dragging me and Zach out of our thoughts.

"I'm sure you've thought of our discussion last night."

"No actually I haven't." Obviously I have thought about it, it's all I thought about last night, but you didn't want him to know that.

Liam rolled his eyes, probably knowing what I was doing and I even saw Zach's lips turn down slightly.

"Okay well we technically didn't finish discussing and we need to."

"What else do we have to discuss?" I was being difficult but I really don't care. 

"Just meet me in my office when you're done."

He left with Liam walking behind him. 

I waited a few minutes, not wanting to face him when I finally decided to just go. 

I threw away my trash and headed up the stairs to the third floor, where Zach's office is. 

I knocked on the door and entered after hearing him say "come in."