Chapter six

Alex P.O.V

I woke up and immediately checked my phone. I needed to see if I had enough time to get Maddie some food before school. Knowing her she's gonna run up to my car with an apple saying she's not hungry. 

I threw on some random hoodie and sweatpants and got in my car, driving to Starbucks. I swear this girl loves coffee more than she loves me. I got her an iced coffee and a breakfast sandwich and drove back to my house to pick her up.

She ran out to the car, wearing a red sweater and white jean shorts. She jumped in the car and immediately saw the coffee. She started squealing like a 6 year old. I rolled my eyes and made her eat her food first, since she did come outside with just a banana.

She ate her food fast, and I handed her the coffee while driving to pick up our other friends.

"Good morning!!" Maddie sing-songed when Logan got in the back seat. "Hi" he grumbled. "How rude! For you favorite person in the whole world I should get a better greeting!" Maddie whined sarcastically. I watched as Logan got out of the car, walked over to the passenger door, opened it, grabbed Maddie and kissed all over her face, then finally hugged her.

"That's better!" She said smiling patting Logan's head before he went back to his seat.

We didn't have to pick up anyone else so we just drove to school.

———-

Madison P.O.V

School was finally over and I was a nervous wreck,

Today was cheer tryouts and my first time leading the tryouts. I got voted at captain last year, which makes me the first captain to not be a senior.

But now I have to choose who's on the team and I have to teach the material and stunting from last year.

I made my way to the gym and saw all the girls ready to try out.

I introduced myself and decided to start with stunts. I grabbed some girls that based last year and got a spot and had them do a extended peg with me as flyer. I set up the groups and turned around to play music. 

When I turned back I saw two flyers had already fallen.

This would be a long day.

———————

After 4 hours I had finally finished tryouts and had the team list.

I checked my phone and saw my friends were picking me up and we were going to have a sleepover.

I had a smile on my face as I walked outside to meet my friends. I found Coopers car and walked towards it, but just before I could get there another car pulled in front of me.

I sighed when I realized it was one of my brothers and tried to walk away.

Again "tried".

Jasper and Sawyer got out of the car and walked over to me.

"What?" I asked turning around glaring at them. "What do you mean what? We're taking you home." Jasper said. He grabbed my arm and tried pulling me to the car but I yanked it away and walked off. 

"My friends are taking me home. I won't be back till tomorrow. Goodbye." I yelled, with my back facing them and waking to Coopers car.

I heard them yelling something at me, but I chose to ignore it and walked towards my friends. "Hey!" I said jumping in the car. "Brother drama?" Cooper asked I nodded and laid my head on Alex's shoulder.

—————

Soon enough we were all piled in Coopers bed, watching Cars. It was about halfway through when I heard someone's phone going off like crazy.

I looked towards my left and saw Alex on the verge of tears staring at his phone. "Alex?" I said softly sitting up. "I have to go, I'll call you guys later." He grabbed somebody's random shoes and a jacket and ran outside.

I jumped out of bed put on shoes and ran after him. "Alex!" I yelled. "I'll call you later Maddie, go away." He mumbled. "No what's wrong?" He turned around and faced me with tears rolling down his face.

"I said go away!" He yelled. I was shocked, he never raised his voice, especially at me. This is when I knew something was really wrong. Before he could walk away again a grabbed his arm and made him look me in the eyes.

I pulled his into a hug and he cried into my shoulder. Alex never cried. Not when he broke his arm at a football game, not when he fell down the stairs at my house, never. "What happened Alex?" I asked pulling him out of the hug. 

"It's my brother." I could feel my eyes widen and tears already forming in them. Me and Alex were the only ones with siblings, I had my brothers, and Alex had one older brother. I loved his brother like my own. When I was five I was at Alex's house every day after school, his brother was 7 so I thought he was the coolest person in the world.

I know him and Alex are close and I can't imagine what would happen to Alex if his only brother died.

"He got in a car crash." I immediately grabbed Alex's arm and dragged him to one of Cooper's cars, grabbing the keys. "He won't mind, as long as you don't crash it." I threw Alex the keys and we silently drove to the hospital.

————-

I sat in that waiting room with  Alex and his dad for 7 hours. His brother was in surgery and getting tested the whole time. Most of the time Mr.Neal (That's Alex's last name if you don't remember) was on his phone doing working for the business. Me and Alex sat in silence the whole time and I wrote Logan telling everything that happened.

It felt like we were sitting there for days before the doctor came out and told us he would be ok. I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding. "You may come in to see him now." The doctors said. I pushed Alex towards the door. "You go in, your his family he will want to see you." I said smiling at him. "Your practically family Mads." I didn't want to interrupt their moment so I told him I would be waiting for him when he got back.

I called Logan to tell him the news. "He's going to be okay! Alex and his dad are seeing him right now." I heard a sigh on the other line. "That's great Maddie, I can pick you up if you don't want to stay with Alex." "It's fine, I'll stick around till he doesn't need me anymore. Bye, Love you Lo." "Love you Mads."

————-

Hiiiii little bit of drama for the other characters!! Btw I completely forgot to do word counts on the past chapters but I'll try my best to do it for the rest! Thanks for reading!! 

Word count-1149