Chapter twelve

Zach POV

I was furious when I got a phone call from Coopers parents, informing me the kids snuck out. They sent me the kids location and I immediately got in the car along with Liam and Lucas.

I swear we need to put a tracker on this girl or something.

We pulled into a Walmart parking lot and I saw my little sister driving around in a jeep. She's underage. And those boys let her.

They caught sight of us and I saw Madison scrambling to switch places with one of her friends. I yelled at her to stop and got out of the car walking over to the drivers window where  Madison sat low crossing her arms.

"Now correct me if I'm wrong but you don't have a license yet correct?" I said glaring at her. She huffed and got out waking near her friends. I joined the parents on the other side glaring at them.

"Can someone yell at us please?"

I scoffed at my sister, but did start yelling at her. "Madison Clair Blackly you acted incredibly irresponsibly and put your life in danger driving around without a license." I scolded her.

She could've gotten hurt, and the fact those boys didn't stop her says a lot.

"And you boys let her! I thought you would never let her do something so stupid, you all watch over her like hawks." Mrs.Kennedy yelled at the boys.

She couldn't be more right.

"I'm sorry Mr. Blackly it was my fault, it was my car and I let her drive it knowing she might get hurt, please don't blame her." Cooper begged me. I was about to answer and put him in his place but my little sister beat me to it.

"It wasn't any of their faults it was mine, I had to practically beg on may knees to be able to even leave and again to drive this, I shouldn't have done that and I could've hurt all your sons and I'm sorry it'll never happen again." Madison said looking proud her stood up to the boys.

Damn right it won't. I will admit it was mostly Madison's fault, she knew she didn't have a license and decided to drive anyways. She put many peoples life in danger including hers.

Eventually everyone started to leave. I could tell one of Madison's friends, Logan was trying to see what was happening in our car but I held my ground and waited it out. He eventually left with his parents.

"Madison you have a lot of explaining to do." Lucas said from the front seat turning around to face her.

"It was my fault I was bored at Coopers house and wanted to try driving, they all got to do it earlier so I wanted to try. It was stupid and I put all their life's in danger but I didn't hurt them. If I thought I could've hurt them I would've stopped."

Liam and Lucas nodded and raised my eyebrows. "You also put your own life in danger." She laughed a very non-humorous laugh "I would take a bullet for any of them, I would rather me be hurt than them." 

Not gonna lie that hurt a little bit. That's supposed to be us saying that about her. "That's the problem." Liam sighed.

——————

Madison's POV

We got home and they told me they would keep my phone for an extra week now. Whatever.

I was getting ready for bed when I remembered I have to work on the stupid math project with Jace after school tomorrow. I groaned and went to my bed. At least the biology project is done, we presented it a few days ago.

I didn't mind working with Theo and I think he's a great friend. It was very sweet of him to come over after my brothers took me from Cooper's house. And he gave me his number.