chapter eighteen

I was getting ready for school when my phone buzzed.

I finished heading my hair and clicked on the notification.

It was from an unknown number.

Hi

Um they must have the wrong number.

Wrong number 

I texted back.

They didn't answer.

Weird.

Anyways I had on black pants and a dark blue long sleeve shirt with a white puffy jacket.

I grabbed some random shoes and headed downstairs.

I grabbed an apple and went on our front porch to start working on my math homework from yesterday I still haven't completed.

I knew I was most likely going to be forced to go with my brothers to school today so when they came out and gestured for me to go with them, I didn't fight it.

It was still a very awkward car ride but the tension wasn't as bad as yesterdays. 

I rushed to first period and met my friends. 

—————

(Time skip to lunch)

I sat at our usual table with Logan waiting for the rest of our friends to bring the food.

I was talking to Lo about our Spanish class when I felt the bench dip in weight.

I turned around and saw Theo smiling at me.

"Hey!" I said smiling at him.

"Hey Maddie."

"What's up?"

"I just haven't talk to you in a while, it's like you've been avoiding me?"

It sounded it he was trying to make it a statement but it really was a question. 

And he's not completely wrong.

I have been trying to avoid him ever since the party. It would just be too awkward after he saw me in that condition.

"Oh no, sorry I've just been very busy."

He looked skeptical but nodded anyways.

Our friends came back with our food, which was a sandwich and a fruit bowl.

I started eating the fruit bowl when suddenly my throat started to feel weird.

It was like I couldn't swallow correctly or something.

I looked down at the fruit bowl and figured out what was happening. There's blueberries in it.

I'm deathly allergic to blueberries.

"Mads you good?" Someone asked I couldn't tell who.

I stood up and started to make my way out of the cafeteria when everything went black.

Sawyer POV 

I was eating lunch with my brothers and friends when I heard yelling at the other side of the cafeteria.

I glanced up just to see what was going on, but then I saw Madison walking to the door with the friends screaming behind her. 

I stood up and was about to go over there when she collapsed.

I ran over there as fast as I could and held two fingers up to her neck to feel for a pulse.

She had one, it was just very light.