chapter fourteen

Today was the day of the dance. I told my friends yesterday that Theo was going to be my date, as a friend.

They did not like the idea but eventually gave in. I was still going to match with my friends and they were going to come over to get ready. I told Theo to meet me in the driveway right as we needed to leave so he didn't have to see any of my brothers.

All my friends met at my house with sleeping over bags right after school. I did inform Zach I would be having friends over only because I didn't want a repeat of the whole Theo situation.

Me and my friends started getting ready for the dance, I was in this poodle skirt dress thing and the boys were all wearing leather jackets with slicked back hair. I curled my hair into a high pony and rapped a ribbon around it.

We were finally ready and we headed outside.

There stood my date, as a friend. Matteo. 

He was wearing a leather jacket as well but his hair was its normal fluffy mess. He also had a white rose in his land, that was extended to me.

I smiled and walked up to him. "Hey" I said giving him a hug "Hi" he said hugging me back.

"Don't you look handsome" I said while getting in the car. "Right back at you" he answered getting in next to me.

"I look handsome? How kind!" I joked at him. He rolled his eyes "You know what I mean"

———————

We pulled up to the dance and me my friends and Theo all got a table together. The boys were asked to go to the dance by countless girls but they all said no, which I thought was weird but whatever.

I was talking with Daniel about his party, which was the day after tomorrow , when I felt someone looking at me. I looked all around but couldn't find anything.

I tried to get the thought out of my mind, but I couldn't. Suddenly I turned to Theo "Wanna dance?" I asked shocking myself. 

He shrugged and replied "sure". I smiled at my friends and made my way to the floor with Theo. We started dancing but then a slow song came on. I was about to leave the floor but Theo grabbed my hand and put it in his shoulder, he wrapped his hands around my waist and we swayed to the music.

We started into each others eyes for a second, but then he grabbed my hand and twirled me, I laughed as he turned me and smiled feeling slightly dizzying when I was over. A few minutes past and we walked back over to the table.

Where I was sitting there was a drink that looked like punch I looked around and no one was near the table so I assumed one of my friends put it there. I found them over by the lunch bowl so I put two and two together. 

I chugged the drink down feeling incredibly thirsty. I sat down with Theo and talked to him for a few minutes. My friends came over and joined us and I suddenly felt very dizzy. I lent my head against my hand so I didn't fall down and closed my eyes.

I opened them to see all my friends and Theo looking at my worryingly "Maddie?" Was the last thing I heard before I saw black.

———————

I woke up feeling a heavy weight on my stomach. I groaned and tried to roll over but there was a body stopping me. I opened my eyes to see Daniel looking down at me with scared eyes.

"Oh thank God Mads" he said hugging me. I looked around and saw all my brothers, friends, and Theo.

"What the hell happened" I asked drinking the water that was handed to me.