Prologue

It was complete darkness. A Dark Void devoid of anything.

"So we are finally dead, huh?" A 16 Year Old Raven haired boy asked casually, like death means very little to him. The boy was very handsome, with beautiful Golden Eyes like twin stars. His beautiful face looked like it was carved by Goddess Meloetta herself.

[I don't know, partner] Chirped a chubby yellow Mouse with Red cheeks and lightning bolt shaped tail.

"Bloody Ultra Beasts" Ash grumbled

"Bloody Ultra Beasts" Ash grumbled. It was a shock for the Allied League, when the Ultra Beasts attacked Galar, following Eternatus's bloody rampage throughout the region.  

If it was just Elernatus alone, Ash could have handled that easily. But the Ultra Beasts following the Legendary, is something that Ash hadn't thought in a thousand years.

"Do you think the death is permanent this time?" Ash asked his best friend, who only shrugged his tiny shoulders.

Pikachu doesn't know if this time their death is permanent or not. They have died more times than most people have birthdays. But in the end, they were always revived.

"Unfortunately you two aren't dead. Not yet" A deep baritone voice spoke with barely concealed annoyance. Ash smiled in amusent as he turned to back. There stood a tall red headed man, in an open jacket, wearing a black beaver hat and red combat boots. But the strange thing about the man, was the black demonic wings that are sprouted from his back.

"Hello old friend!" Ash said grinning

[Hello Yveltal] Pikachu waved in greeting.

This is Yveltal, the God of Death. Right now he was in his human form. 

"I am not your bloody friend!!" Snapped the agitated God, his dark Red eyes glinting dangerously "I have tried to collect your Soul, every time you two have died. Did you know how annoying it is to go back empty handed, every single time, huh? You two cheat your death time and again"

"Come on, give us a break will you" Ash sighed "Why are you in such a foul mood, every time we meet?"

[Yeah don't blame my partner on it] The Mouse Pokemon chirped [Blame your Sister Xerneas on this. She, along with Ho-Oh and Arceus, are the ones who tether our Souls in the mortal Realm, every single time]