Chapter 16

Happy New Year 2024 My dear readers, ie my Brothers and Sisters!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It took two hours for all the bodies to turn into cinders.

Many who were watching the funeral had already left the Scene a few minutes after the Pyres were lit.

For the Cadets, it was too much. Seeing their friends, with whom they had spend years together, turn to ashes coupled with horrors they had seen at Trost, was too much for them to handle.

So they slowly left one by one.

For the Garrison Soldiers, they had to take care of the City now that the Gate is sealed. Though with Ash's help with the wounded had reduced some of their burden, there is still much work left to be done.

For the Scouts, this scene was nothing new. They had seen the deaths of hundreds of their comrades. So a funeral is pretty monotonous affair for them.

But that doesn't mean their work is done. Their is still the matter of Eren Yeager, the Titan Shifter left.

Along with two new Titans they have managed to capture. One 4 Metre Class and another 7 Metre Class. They will be used for experiments to learn more about Titan capabilities, now that they have a Shifter.

Ash shuddered. He doesn't want to know what would happen with those two Titans.

After the fiasco with Eren and the lighting of the Pyre. The Scouts had demanded Ash to come with them.

But Ash had flatly refused that, saying he won't move a step until the last Pyre was completely burned. Saying it was "Disrespectful towards the dead".

So now it was only Ash who was standing alone on the Funeral Ceremony, the others having left already. And as the last flames of the last Pyre extinguished, Ash bowed towards them.

"Thank you for your contribution" Ash muttered "Your names and sacrifices would not be forgotten"

With that he turned and left the place.

A few minutes later he was confronted by the men in Green Cloaks again.

"Will you come with us now?" The blonde man, Mike demanded. The Short man with dark hair was only staring at him.

"I will" Ash nodded before shrugging "It's not like I have anything better to do"

"Hmmm you think this is a game to you" The black haired man said, his voice emotionless as he looked around "And where is that Mouse we have been hearing about?"

"What mouse?" Ash feigned confusion. He knows they were talking about Pikachu who he had sent away when he learned that he would be arrested.

Currently Pikachu is hiding away in the Forest. But he will soon come and follow him secretly.