Chapter 17

Ash was meditating with his eyes closed in deep thought.

This is the only thing he could do now to cure away his boredom in this damned Cell.

"Atleast Pikachu is free" Ash thought.

His Electric Friend isn't the most patient of Pokemon and Ash was damned sure that if the Military had forced Pikachu in the cell then the Mouse would have blasted his way out of it.

His thoughts were interrupted when the occupant in the Cell next to him, called out the guards.

"Hey" Eren called out to the only Guard in the Cell, the other Guard was outside the Jail door guarding. 

"What?" The Guard snapped.

Eren was taken aback at the venom in the guard's voice.

Ash's meditation was nearly broken at the amount of raw hatered that was emiting from the Man, something which Ash could feel with his Aura.

"There must be a reason for this hatred" Ash thought with a frown.

"Can I have some water?" Eren asked the guard after he had recovered. 

"No" Was the cold reply from the man "You're not getting anything, you monster."

Eren was taken aback by the insult, slightly flinching and pushing his back in the wall. Like the insult had physically pushed him.

"What a bad reception" Ash muttered out, his eyes still closed "Don't you guys have some manners?"

The Guard growled and glared at the Ash before turning away from him with a huff.

Ash opened his eyes and broke off his meditative stance and looked at Eren.   

"Sorry for his rude behavior buddy" Ash called out to the Titan Shifter "He hasn't learned manners"

Eren smiled a little while the Guard growled.

"Manners huh?!" The Guard growled "I lost my entire fucking family at Shiganshina five years ago"

"So that's the reason for his hatred" Ash thought a little sympathic.

"Do you know how that feels huh? Do you?" The Guard glared "I was at the Military Police and I couldn't go to save my family because of my duties and orders. I didn't even fucking know what happened until it was too late"

The Guard clenched his teeth in anger.

"All I got was a letter, a fucking letter telling the demise of my family. My Sister and my parents" The guard snapped "Just a fucking letter!! I didn't even have their bodies for a fucking funeral!!"

The Guard still remembers the day. He had just graduated from the Cadet Corps, and in the Top Ten so naturally he joined the Military Police. Just like how his father had always encouraged him.

He still remembers the proud faces of his Family when he broke the news of his graduation. They were all so proud of him, that he will be serving the King and the Royal Family.

And just a month after he joined the Military Police the news of the Fall of Shiganshina came.

He didn't knew how to react at that time. With news coming so late and rumours no one at that time knew truly what was happening.

He had tried to ask his superiors and check if he had any letters from his family telling him that they were okay and safe inside Wall Rose.

For two months he didn't receive any news. And when he was losing hope. He received a letter, which told him bluntly about the deaths of his parents.