Chapter 12

[I don't understand why you planned that?] Pikachu asked confused [You can easily lift the Boulder, then why are you having Eren do that?].

Pikachu was confused. He had seen Ash lift a fucking Mountain of its hinges using his Psychic Powers. He could go alone and lift the Boulder by himself without having anyone in harm's way.

Then why is he having Eren lift the Boulder?

Ash didn't said anything. Instead he just raised his arm to summon his Aura. The Blue Energy was flickering like the flame of a small candle about to be extinguished by a raging storm.

"This is why" Ash said simply "I am running out of juice. When Arceus revived us in this World he didn't rejuvenate my Aura or my Psychic Powers"

He is completely depleted of all his powers. The Fight against Eternatus and the hordes of Ultra Beasts had completely drained him off most of his Aura and Psychic Powers. In this World he was only running on back up energy.

This is the reason he was using low powered attacks like Aura Spheres. If he was in full power it would have taken him only a few seconds to eliminate all the Titans inside Trost and close the breech.

It was only because of his sheer willpower that he hasn't dropped down panting or unconscious yet. He knows he couldn't rest, not until all the threats are eliminated yet.

He will be damned before he lets any more deaths on his watch.

[Damn Ilama!!] Pikachu cursed the God [Can't he make our life easier for once]. The Mouse knows very well that the All-Knowing God is currently laughing at their condition.

"Well is there any fun or excitement in an easier life?" Ash grinned "Beside you can only appreciate your life when you overcome the difficulties staring down at you"

[As you say] Pikachu said blankly, not a bit impressed.

"Besides I think this is actually the better option" Ash said causing his partner to shoot a confused look.

[What do you mean?] The Mouse Pokemon asked in confusion at his partner's words.

"Think about it. The only reason Pixis is allowing Eren to live is because Eren's Titan power can be useful for retaking Trost. If Eren seals the Gate then it will be the proof to all that he is an asset to Humanity." Ash said looking at the City "But if I had jumped and carried the Boulder myself then....

[......then Eren would be of no use to them] Pikachu's eyes widened.

"Yes" Ash nodded "He would be of no use but instead a liability. At best he would be scapegoated and executed and at worse, be used for experiments"

[Shit!] Pikachu cursed before muttering [So it's a good thing you can't lift the Boulder huh? Well looks like Arceus did have a reason for not restoring our Powers]

"Well our dear God does love to work in mysterious ways and give us headaches" Ash smiled before nodding "Let's go! The mission is about to start at any moment now"

[Let's go kick some Giant Butts!!]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As planned the Signal was given with Rico firing a Green Flare in the Air.

Both Ash and Pikachu immediately jumped into action. The Thunder Mouse flew towards the city square where the most concentrations of Titans were present. While Ash flew towards the Gate.

Landing towards the broken Gate, Ash looked around to notice two Titans approaching him, one coming from the right and another from the left. Their eyes light with hunger and jaws hanging open in a sinister smile.