Chapter 5

So I just watched Schindler's List and let me tell you I cried like a baby, especially at the last scene where Oskar cried "That he could have saved one more".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They all looked at the strange boy. Some of them are incredulous, others critical while most don't care. They are all going to die anyway.

Mikasa looked at him cautiously. Who is he? And how does Mina knew him.  

"No. Not only Mina" She thought as she looked at Armin who also looked relieved at Ash's arrival. Apart from Mina, Armin was the only member of Eren's Squad who survived.

Thinking about Eren filled her with grief, guilt, anger and resentment at equal measure.

Grief at the death of her childhood best friend. The one who saved her life from slavery.

Guilt because she failed to protect him. She had promised Carla that she would always protect her son and she failed.

Anger. Anger at the Titans. Anger at Captain Weilman for forcing inexperienced Cadets to fight. Anger at Officer Jan for forcing her to the Rearguard and not the front line.

And resentment. At the thought that Mina survived but Eren didn't.

"It should have been you Mina, not Eren" The dark part of her mind whispered but she quickly shook it off.

"Ash" Armin looked relieved "I was starting to worry?"

"And what is that THING?!" Connie pointed at Pikachu, but flinched when the yellow Mouse let out tiny sparkles of Electricity.

[Hey who you are calling a Thing? You baldy!] Pikachu snapped growling.

"Enough Pikachu!" Ash spoke through their bond sighing a little. Pikachu had really gotten more prone to anger after spending time with Gym Leader Surge's Raichu. Looks like he had to had a talk with the Lieutenant the next time he meets him.

Or perhaps he could call Surge's Wife and complain to her. He smiled at the thought of 7'6 ft tall Lieutenant getting his ass handed to him by his 5ft tall wife.

Shaking his head he looked at Connie "That Thing" He stressed the word "Is my friend Connie." Connie nodded apologetically still a little disturbed at seeing an overgrown Mouse, sparkling lightning from his cheeks.

"All right you guys, let's go" Ash said loudly "Your leader had ordered an evacuation. So grab your gear and move along".

However no one moved. They were all shrouded in a depressing aura of despair. With the exception of the black haired girl, it seems that everyone had given up there hopes.

"What happened?!" Ash asked looking at the dejected Trainees before turning towards Mina and Armin "Why are you all stiff like a board?"

"Our ODM gear is almost out of gas" Armin replied dejected "Most of us don't have enough to get over that Wall"

"So those Tin Cans run with Gas?" Ash muttered.

[It's primitive] Pikachu complained. A Rocket Powered Jet Pack is much more faster and powerful. Not to mention they don't need Cables for maneuvering.

"We can try to make our way to the HQ but the Area is surrounded by Titans" Connie sighed.

"And even if we reach the HQ there is no guarantee that our plan would work" A boy with light brown hair and eyes, sighed in anger and dejection "The 3 and 4 Metre class Titans must have already broken through the Cellar" He looked down "It's over"