Waiting for the Joffrey

Y/n's pov: 

I think that last week was not our greatest, and by ours, I mean mine. So I knew that Abby was going to say something about that. 

"Girls! Come on, I want to talk about last week" Abby says.

"I thought it was beautiful. So I don't know what the judges were thinking, you should have won that. Now Maddie you did a solo you beat Justice, great job."

"Y/n You had a chance to make it shine, and you blew it." 

I made a face, and there it was. The Abby that we all know and love. She was right though I did have a chance, and I placed 3rd.

"I gave you all I could ever give you and that was not how I wanted to be repaid. I watched you the whole time, and I knew that if you had just done the dance that was given you would have won the overall." She says

"We have a lot to do, I am going to get right to the pyramid. On the bottom of the pyramid we have y/n."

Maddie

Brooke Mackenzie 

Paige Nia Chloe Y/n

"Y/n you have the talent to be a star, but what I saw out there on that stage, I never want to see that again," she said

I nodded and she continued with the pyramid. I kinda expected to be at the bottom this week since Abby doesn't like when people mess up on stage. 

"On top of the pyramid, Is Maddie. You won the overall high score, you beat Justice, you beat all of the boys Congratulations" Abby said and we all clapped for Maddie.

"Moving on, I need to talk a little more about this week. There is going to be a scout from the Joffrey Ballet in Michigan at energy dance, and he is scouting kids to go to the audition for Joffrey." 

We all gasped.

~Interview with y/n-Kenzie~

Kenzie: I think this will be good for us y/n.

Y/n: Yeah, I think we both should get it, then we can go to the audition together." 

Both nod and smile plotting a way to get noticed for the audition.  

~Interview over~

"So I need you all to be on your best, You need to represent the Abby Lee Dance Company, to the best of you abilities." 

"The group number is called "Nip and Tuck". I know that your mothers talk about having some work done, Kelly?" 

"What" Kelly says

"We all know what you want."Abby says

"Boobs?" She says back and everyone laughs

"You all know that you have beautiful, gorgeous children, So this is going to be a message about our body image, It's a message about all the work that people get done It's kinda dark" Abby says to us. 

"We also have two trios, I am splitting the group in half." and we all gasp

I don't think Abby was counting right because there are seven of us and she said that she is splitting the group in half. So that means someone will be singled out.

"The trios will be Mackenzie, Paige and Nia. You all will be doing a jazz routine incorporating gymnastics and tumbling." 

"Then I have Brooke, Maddie and Chloe. You will be doing a contemporary lyrical routine." Abby says and I look around.