35

Kat's POV

"It's been a while, Kat. I'm so happy to see you."

My plan to go home after being with Minty didn't go dahil nandito naman ako sa café kasama ang mom niya, kung saan din niya kami mismo nakita ni Luna before when she offered me a job to be her daughter's secretary.

I wasn't expecting this. Ms. Claudia contacted me and gusto niya raw makipag-meet because she has something to tell me.

"How are you po?" I asked politely.

"Oh.. i'm fine, don't worry about me." Ms. Claudia answered, so I gave her a timid smile.

"You have something to tell me, what is it po?" wala pa atang five minute since we settled down but sobra na akong nacucurious on what she's about to say.

I tilted my head on the other side when I felt her staring at me for I don't know how long has it been, I find it awkward and nahihiya rin ako.

Para rin siyang si Minty tumingin, nakaka-intimidate. Gosh.

I suddenly remembered my girlfriend, bigla ring sumagi sa isip ko kung ano kaya magiging reaction ng mom niya if she found out about my relationship with her daughter.

"I wanna ask you first if Minty's still mad about you?" I can sense her concern about us especially for her daughter.

I shook my head.

"We already had a talk po.. actually we met each other earlier before I got here." I find it weird when her face lit up, she's smiling genuinely now at me.

"How was it, then? Okay na ba kayo?" She asked concernly so I nodded. There's no reason for me to lie to her.

"We're good na po." I added honestly

"Good lang?" She asked while smiling.

Ano pa ba dapat? Don't tell me.. she's expecting something? More than that?

What should I do? Should I tell her na i'm her daughter's girlfriend? Baka hindi ito ang tamang oras para malaman ni Ms. Claudia.

"Come on, Kat. You can tell me everything, especially when my daughter is involved.." She leaned forward, as if she's eager to know something that is obvious?

"I.. W-We're together po." I finally uttered that after a minute of being silent.

I waited for her response but kinabahan ako nang walang makitang reaction sa mom ni Minty. I suddenly get nervous but it quickly fades away when she smiled at me.

"Really??" She seems shocked about what I said but I can see happiness in her eyes

I nodded shyly, I can already feel my cheeks burning in red.

"I'm h-happy for the both of you. You don't know how grateful I am, because of you Kat.. because of you I can finally feel at ease seeing my daughter happy. For that past months as I was observing Minty, I saw how happy she is whenever you're with her." Ms. Claudia said seriously while looking intently at me. I stayed silent, still processing her heartwhelming words.

I was speechless but I looked at her again when she continued.. "My top priority is my daughter's happiness and she found it on you." I can't take it anymore, Ms. Claudia's words are too much. I'm so flattered right now but i'm just suppressing myself on showing my real emotion infront of her.