The calm before the storm.

A/N (also a filler chapter sorry sorry we'll be back to the regularly scheduled programming soon. Just wanted to develop the separate characters a little bit)

I step out and Adams G63 is right outside my house, the beautiful hum of the engine barely audible. Reminder to buy myself one of these. Adam is a real estate guy that's how he came into his fortune. Steve owns a construction company who does all the architectural stuff for Adam and Josh is basically their Accountant. It's safe to say we're all pretty well off. Especially for the area that were in we're definitely in the top 10%. I like being in this small town though because a lot of the time I'm left alone. Being able to enjoy nature and see the stars was a big part of my decision in moving to this area. I open the door and step in.

"What's the word gentlemen" I say while taking my seat and pushing the seat belt into the buckle.

"Long time no see my man" adam exclaims from the driver seat.

"What's good my dawg" josh says turning around to face me and daps me up.

"It's been a minute hasn't it" Steve says and does the same.

"Yeah my bad boys I've just been grinding like a motherfucker tryna get that yacht, you know retire a little early" I say sighing partly because I'm tired. I like a routine but it feels brainless. I'd love a little bit of variety.

"Nah you don't need to apologize dawg we're always here man" Adam says while focusing on the road.

"We've all been on the same type shit so there's no issue pops, grind now so we can relax later it's gotta be on that type of time forsure." Steve says agreeing with Adam

"Once you cop that we'll take a lil trip though right" Josh says curiously while looking at me.

"As soon as I take delivery gentlemen. Waiting on the yacht realtor to let me know how to go about this process and going and seeing it etc. I still gotta see where I'm going to store it and shit so we're a little ways away."

"That's so hype though" Adam says still looking at the road.

"I'm proud of you my dawg" Steve says reaffirming.

"No doubt we always knew you had it in you" Josh says

"I love y'all for real" I reply back.

"Yo by the way where are we headed" I ask since were clearly not headed to any club we've been to before. And the main nightlife is only a 5 minute drive.

"Oh we're going to this new place they just opened. We got a V.I.P. Booth and everything since we helped build it."- Steve let's me know.

"Oh that's fire what's it called" I ask getting kinda excited. It's been awhile since I partied.

"It's called The White Widow"- Adam tells me and I notice he glances down at his Apple Maps app.

"Bet sounds fire I'm hype" I reply

"No doubt it's gonna be a rager" Josh Says

"We're finna find you a bad shorty for tonight" Steve chimes in.

"Nah I'm chillin off that" I say while looking at my phone hoping to see a notification from her.

"Word, since when do you have a shorty" Adam inquires. Kinda fucking with me about it.

"Honestly just a few days now, she's got me wrapped around her finger already and idk if I like it or hate it. She's got me fucked up forsure." I reply scrolling through her instagram.

"She's crazy like your ex or what" Steve asks

"Fuck noooooo" I say dragging out the os.

"That's good though, you think it's time to settle down" ?Josh Asks me.

"Yeah I'm done with the crazy girls forsure, tryna have kids and shit before I get too old you know" I let them know

"I guess we'll see how tonight goes" Adam says a bit mysteriously and I'm not sure how I feel about that.