Figuring It Out Ch. 47

"You both had suffered serious injuries that have physically healed, but I believe some changes happened." "Like what?" Katsuki snapped. "Like your relationship." He saw the boys raise a brow at him, and took that as a sign to continue. "I was told that you had a stained relationship. That you, Bakugou, had a hesitancy to acknowledge Todoroki. Now, you were ready to hurt one of my nurses for trying to separate you. Not to mention how Todoroki fought against his strong hero classmates to make sure you were ok." Makino was expecting some kind of reaction from the news, but he certainly didn't expect what he got. "Of course he did!" Katsuki said, crossing his arms over his chest and sitting up straight. At first it was endearing, but Katsuki pulled a Katsuki, "I mean imagine how miserable his life would be like without me in it?! I'm awesome!" Aizawa was about to scold him, but they heard Shoto laughing. Aizawa hasn't ever heard Shoto laugh. Makino noticed Aizawa's reaction to the interaction and was confused, he'd ask later. "it's true though." Shoto started, "My life would be nothing with out Katsuki." Both adults looked on in surprise at how devoted Shoto became after the fight, not only that, but that the change was mutual. They had separate injuries, and recovery times. Even the fact that they woke up at the same time is a miracle. "But in the same regard, Katsuki would be nothing with out me."

Katsuki whacked Shoto upside the head. "Don't start spewing nonsense!" Shoto rubbed the sore spot on his head. The interaction made Dr. Makino flinch and lean in, a worried expression on his face, seeing as the just woke up after suffering from head injuries. "It's not nonsense. You. Quite literally. Could not have lived without me. Or did you forget that my body was shielding your body?" Shoto said releasing his grip on Katsuki's hand and pointing a finger in his face. Which Katsuki promptly smacked out of his face before taking it in his again. "Yeah whatever"

Dr. Makino cleared his throat, regaining the boys attention. "Well, I'll get going, you two rest, and I'll be back tomorrow." He stood up and made his way to the door, "Aizawa." Shota got up and followed him out the door. Once they were a ways from the room they stopped. "I saw that look when Todoroki laughed, what was that about?" Shota sighed. "That was the first time I've ever heard him laugh." He said running a hand over his tired face. "The first time? Is there a reason for that?" "Yeah, he had a harder upbringing." "And that means...-?" "His father wanted his to be hero and trained him, but went about it the wrong way. His dad saw it as training, but the rest of his family took it as abuse." Dr. Makino jotted some things down "Is that how he got the scar on his face?" "Well yes and no. The treatment of their father drove their mother to have a mental episode. During which she poured boiling hot water on his face." "Jeez! I'm surprised the eye still works!" Shota slightly nodded "Yeah, me too."

Back with Shoto and Katsuki

"We made it back." Shoto said. "We did." "I don't know if I like it." "I know I don't." "We had so much freedom." "We did." "We could, maybe, get it again." "How?" "We go and travel." "Just leave?" "Yep." "Without warning?" Katsuki questioned, a bit surprised by the bold statement. "Maybe. Maybe we should finish school first." "Sounds good to me." "Maybe we can even look for a way to get back to Gon and Killua." "We totally are." There was a pause in the conversation, before Katsuki picked it back up. "I would say that nen was the way, but that doesn't explain how we went there, but our bodies stayed here. That part is what doesn't make any sense." "Your right, It's like we had two bodies but one consciousness." The boys took a minute to think about that.

"What about nen and our quirks? You think it went back to normal? And what about the jewelry I made?" Katsuki asked. "I don't know. I can test it really quick." That being said he used his quirk the way he normally would. "Now to see if the progress transfered over." Both watched in anticipation. When an ice spick shot up across the room without a trail leading back to them, and they felt the chill of Shoto's nen wash over them, they were ecstatic. So much so, that they had leapt up on the bed, and gave each other a high five. Katsuki grabbed onto Shoto's hand and gave it a jerk, catching his now unstable body by the collar of his shirt. He slammed their lips together, giving a passionate kiss. When he pulled away they fell to their knees and rested their foreheads together. "I'm glad you were the one with me." "Me too. If I'd gotten stuck with deku.." Shoto let out a light chuckle at the remark. But now both boys were exhausted, and collapsed into one another before laying back against the bed. "Nap?" "Nap." They closed their eyes and drifted off to sleep, comfortable in each others embrace. Tomorrow they'd be ready to really get moving. Maybe they would even get to go back to hero work before they leave.