Chapter Five: The Reveal

Danny POV

"Danny, you stupid girl!"

I scolded myself as I ran as fast I could through yet another random summer shower. I had no idea these were so common in South Korea, and despite this being the third time I got caught in the rain since I got here, I still forgot to pack an umbrella this morning.

It had been a week and a half since the first day of school, and though homework as well as my part time jobs were consuming my life, I was having an blast.

I was enrolled in a total of five courses this semester. Ji-soo and I were in four of them together, and of those four courses, the guys were in three of them. Despite the first night we all spent together, we hadn't gotten together like that since. I was at one of three part jobs when I was not doing homework, Ji-soo was often helping her family at the restaurant and it seemed the boys were busy with their own work outside of school as well.

Nonetheless, we saw each other plenty during school and we had been making a habit of coming together to discuss homework between classes. We also ended up getting grouped together for a project assigned to us by our International Business Environment professor. I was currently on my way to the library to meet the group so we could brainstorm ideas.

"I'm so sorry! Excuse me!"

I quickly bowed to the students I bumped into as I ran up the stairs of the library, but I kept it moving. I was already a half an hour late due to a last minute tasking from the school's Deputy Vice President for Academic Affairs. You can't exactly say "no" to such a person.

As soon as I walked into the library, I pulled out my phone and started looking through our group chat.

"203E." I said to myself, reading the text.

I rushed up the stairs, and started looking for the huddle room the group reserved. But it didn't take long to locate it. Maybe another minute passed before I found the room and entered it.

"Danny, you're drenched." Min-jun said. The group all startled by my appearance.

"You forgot your umbrella again?" Ji-soo asked, a soft chuckle escaping her lips.

"Yeah. Sorry I am late."

I walked over to the empty seat at the end of the table and set my bag down on the table before I pulled out my laptop. Thank goodness for waterproof bags.

Luckily, I wasn't in white either. I was wearing a black shortsleeved shirt under my favorite denim overalls with my worn down white classic converse shoes, my high rise black socks protecting my ankles from the cold.

"This won't do." Min-jun said.

I looked up to find him walking over to me. He was taking off his black cotton zip up jacket and once he was beside me, be placed it around my shoulders.

"It's only a matter of time before you get sick at this rate." He continued. "I'll go grab you a coffee to help you warm up. Caramel Macchiato, okay?"

"You sure?"

Min-jun rolled his eyes. It's the same response he always gets from me when he buys me something. Despite how generous he had been since we met, I still was not used to it.

"Sit down and zip up my jacket. It should be pretty warm since I've had it on for a while now."

Min-jun placed his hands on my shoulders and made me take a seat in the chair before I slid my arms into the large jacket.

"Thank you."

He showed me a kind smile before he looked back to the group.

"Does anyone else want anything? I'll make a quick run to the cafe downstairs."