Chapter Ten: More Than a Friend

Danny POV

(Min-jun): Should I pick you up this morning?

(Me): No, Ji-soo and I will see you and the boys in class :)

I smiled, looking at the text exchange between Min-jun and I while I waited for Ji-soo to finish getting ready.

It was hard to believe that in a matter of weeks, there was a guy who was making me forget about my first love. It was even more shocking to me, that he was someone I met in South Korea.

Min-jun and I got along so well and like most women, I found him extremely handsome. Aside from the fact he was tall and perfectly built, he had the best smile. He was also old fashioned, chivalrous, and a gentlemen. Part of me wanted to believe that there were moments when he was courting me, but I also didn't want to be disappointed. 

"You ready?" Ji-soo asked, pulling me from my thoughts. I nodded my head, but my smile gave me away. "Min-jun texted you?"

"Yeah, he asked if he should pick me up this morning."

"You better have said yes!"

"Of course not. We're going to class together, I'll be fine."

Ji-soo scoffed.

"That is not what I was getting at. Are you forgetting how hot it is, and that man has a car? We could have escaped this dreadful walk."

I laughed, now realizing the mistake I made.

"Hey, you said you wanted to tone up your legs. Walking to class is best for you."

Ji-soo rolled her eyes, and soon we were gathering our belongings before we left our apartment.

Even though just 24 hours ago it seemed like the world was ending, I felt confident heading into campus today.

Min-jun surprised me yesterday and showed up in front of my temporary home. He asked if I was interested in working out to clear my mind, and that was normally what I did to relieve stress anyways. However, I had no idea that I would be working out with him in the luxury gym of his family home 30 minutes later.

It was exactly what I needed though. Aside from the relief I get from exercising, Min-jun let me vent and he consoled me. By the end of the workout I felt reassured he and the boys had my back and after that, we had fun playing around in his pool before he surprised me and offered me his shoulder to lean on.

It was almost too perfect, a shirtless Min-jun letting me rest my head on his broad shoulder while we watched the sunset on the edge of his pool. Even thinking about it now gave me butterflies.

"I swear if anyone bothers you, I will fight today." Ji-soo said as we started walking out of our apartment complex.

"Oh yeah? You're gonna use those taekwondo skills your brother taught you?"

"You know it." Ji-soo said, the two of us laughing as she started fake punching the air. However, we both froze when we saw Min-seok leaning against the passenger door of his luxury vehicle.

Per usual, he looked handsome. He was wearing a Dior soft pink graphic tee with slim denim jeans that he rolled up to expose his ankles, capped off with his traditional white sneakers.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

Min-seok stood up straight and walked towards us.

"You forgot already? We're a CC now." He playfully winked at me, Ji-soo giggling. "You live right outside of campus. It's only right that I take you and your roommate to school, especially since we are heading to the same class."