Chapter Forty-Two: Meet the Johnsons Part 1

Danny POV

"Aye Gina, baby!" My dad called for my mom. "Come take a selfie with me!"

"Another one?" Mom asked, putting on her pearl earring.

"Girl, we all dressed up and lookin good now!" Dad enthused in his perfectly tailored grey suit. "We gotta get a selfie with this view in the background!"

I laughed with my mom as we watched my dad struggle to capture the selfie. She was wearing a black long sleeve midi-dress that fit her body like a glove, and it had a square neckline that emphasized her perfect collarbones.

"Dad, I can just take the picture of you and mom." I recommended.

"Oh could you do that, babygirl?"

I grabbed the phone from my excited father before my parents started posing for me in front of the window that had the best view of Seoul this hotel had to offer.

The day had finally come. My parents arrived in South Korea two hours ago, and Min-seok's family had gone above and beyond to make them feel welcomed.

Min-seok's mom sent her personal driver to pick my parents up from the airport, and they were escorted to one of the many luxury hotels the Nam family owns. They even hooked my parents up with the biggest and best suite on the top floor of the hotel, and they were covering all of the expenses for my parents during their weekend stay in South Korea.

"How do we look?" Dad asked. "Like we mean business, right?"

"Understatement." I chuckled, handing him back his phone. "I'm getting Jay-Z/Beyonce power couple vibes."

"Ah sookie, sookie now!" Dad chimed. "We escalating in this place like elevators!"

"Oooh!" I sang with dad, the two of sharing a high five.

"That's it! That's the caption!" Dad enthused. "That's my Facebook caption!"

"Oh dios mio." Mom breathed. "The money is already getting to his head, and he hasn't even signed the contract yet."

"Gina, baby! Have some faith in your man!" Dad exclaimed, watching as my gorgeous mother observed her final look in the full length mirror. "My lawyer said this is the real deal!"

"You mean Lawrence, your cousin?" Mom answered. "That man has never laid his eyes on this kind of money, before. I still can't believe you entrusted the review of this contract to him!"

"Aye - If family don't have your back, who does?" Dad asked, earning a scoff from mom.

"Oh please, this was you being cheap cause you knew he'd do it for free."

Dad bit his bottom lip through a guilty smile as he wrapped his arms around my mom's waist and held her from behind.

"You just wait." Dad said, kissing her cheek. "By the end of the night, you're going to be living like the queen I've always seen when I look at you."

I blushed for my mom as she giggled, and I observed the couple that had always shown me what real love looks like.

"Hurry and go put on your cologne." Mom said to my dad. "We need to leave soon."

"Yes, ma'am." He replied, just before we heard a knock on the suite door.

"I'll get it!" I chimed, knowing it was Min-seok.

"We'll be out within the next minute, Danny!" Mom yelled.

I pranced to the door as best I could in my grey and white tweed skirt suit, the outfit accented with white lace socks beneath my new white Mary Jane pumps.