Chapter Twenty-One: By My Side

Danny POV

"You can't be serious." Eun-woo said. "How is that outfit any different from the last one?"

"What do you mean?" Ji-soo replied. "The last dress was charcoal black. This is plain black. It's just the same cut."

"Oh for the love of, God!" Eun-woo complained.

I couldn't help but laugh as I zipped up my next option behind my closed bedroom door. Surely this Diorivera short dress Min-seok bought me last weekend would work. I took a quick glance in my mirror before I stepped outside to get the group's reaction.

"How about this one?" I asked.

"No." Ji-soo and Min-seok quickly replied, startling me.

"What's wrong with it?" I asked, feeling utterly defeated.

"You look like you just turned 16 years old." Ji-soo said, Min-seok laughing at me from the couch he and Eun-woo were sitting on.

"You're the one who bought me this!" I said to Min-seok.

"Yeah, for work. It looks way different with the knitted blazer I bought for you as well."

I sighed, Eun-woo doing the same. "This is crazy! We're going to be late!"

"Stop complaining." Ji-soo sneered. "No one told you to accompany Min-seok here."

"Whatever, just go try on your next option." Eun-woo replied.

Ji-soo and I did as he wanted, and I smirked hearing the boys' conversation as I looked through my closet for another option.

"How many outfits can they possibly try on? They don't even have walk-in closets!" Eun-woo continued. "Where is it all coming from?"

"Hyung, you're really showing your lack of experience with women."

"Screw you!" Eun-woo said, Min-seok's laughter causing a smile to form on my face.

Ever since our last date, Min-seok had been in a great mood and he was back to himself. It's safe to say we started relying on each other since we're the only two that really understood the hardships we were going through, and like he was for me when it came to Min-jun, I was the only person he was comfortable confiding in about his sister. FaceTiming even became normal for us, and we had spent hours talking on the phone the last couple of days.

"Okay, ready!" I exclaimed, opening my door. Ji-soo came out of her room at the same time, and when I saw her outfit, I was speechless.

"That's it!" Min-seok and Eun-woo said, Ji-soo's ex nearly drooling at the sight of her.

She was in a very sexy sundress - it's color burgundy. The sleeveless bodycon fit her like a glove, her breast exposed given how deep the v-cut was, and there was even a cutout that showed off the top of her flat stomach. However, the real kill shot was how incredible her long leg looked beneath the drawstring slit that opened halfway up her thigh.

"A sundress! Of course that's the way to go!" I exclaimed.

"Come on, I know exactly what you need to wear now!" Ji-soo said, pushing me into my room.

She wasted no time, and I wasn't surprised when she pulled out my outfit for the evening.

We decided on a chocolate brown two piece set - my melanin skin exposed beneath a cropped crisscross tie backless cami that accompanied a high waisted and form fitted midi skirt that had a slit that stopped just above my knee. I even went with brown strappy stiletto heels for the night, hoping they would make me look little older.