Chapter Twenty-Seven: Guilty Pleasure

Danny POV

"Danny!" Ji-soo exclaimed. "How the hell are you just telling me all of this?"

"I didn't know how!" I replied.

"What do you mean? I sleep next door to you! All you had to do was open your mouth!"

"It's not that simple! This is so embarrassing, Ji-soo! I'm so ashamed!"

I sighed, the two of us sitting on the small couch in our living area.

I returned from Seogwipo-si about two hours ago, and I finally decided to tell Ji-soo everything I had been keeping from not just her, but everyone around me aside from my best friend Amy.

She now knew how intimate the last date between Min-seok and I was, just how much Min-seok's parents approved of me, where I was over the weekend and most embarrassingly, how steamy things got between Min-seok and I last night.

"So what? Are you and Min-seok seeing each other now?"

"No!" I replied, my head tilted as those lines formed between my eyebrows. "I don't think so?"

"Oh my goodness, Danny." Ji-soo murmured, pinching the bridge of her nose. "This is actually really serious, you get that. Right?"

"Of course I do! Why do you think I am freaking out?"

"Okay, okay." She cooed. "Let's calm down. Let's take several deep breaths."

I did as she said, the two of us facing each other with our legs crisscrossed.

"Let's first clear the surface level facts." She continued. "Min-seok has confessed his feelings for you. He is breaking up with Hana and last night he said, he is going to start courting you from now on."

"Yes." I replied.

"And how were things today coming home?"

"We left to return to Seoul early this morning. We were with his parents the whole time, so we just kept up the act. When we landed, I opted to take a taxi home separately."

"So in other words, you two haven't addressed anything since the confession?"

"Corre-..."

Ji-soo and I looked to my phone on the coffee table hearing the chime indicating a new text had come through. When I picked it up, my heart dropped seeing a message from him.

(Min-seok): Hey beautiful. Are you settled in? Have you eaten?

"What did he say?" Ji-soo asked, snatching the phone from my hand as I pushed my fingers through my hair. "Beautiful? Have you eaten? Oh girl, he's about to do the work on you!"

"Stop it!" I whined, grabbing my phone from her and setting it back on the table.

"What's weighing on you the most right now?"

"Everything! There is nothing good that could come out of this!" I groaned, placing my elbow on the back of the couch before I rested the side of my face in the palm of my hand. "He is Min-jun's best friend, Hana - while I can't stand her, no woman deserves to be cheated on, I am temporarily living in Korea and will be going back home in just seven months and I'm..."

I paused, unwilling to admit the scariest piece of all of this.

"You're what?" Ji-soo asked.

"Just... I'm not willing to cause so much disruption to his life when this could never last."

"So, does that mean you do have feelings for him?"

"Huh?" I asked, a smile forming on her face.