Chapter Seventeen: The Calm Before the Storm

Min-seok POV

"Do you have to leave, already?" Hana asked.

I smirked feeling her snake her arms around my waist from behind. I was styling my hair now that I was showered and fully dressed for my upcoming date with Danny.

"What do you mean already? We spent the night together, and it's 2:00 in the afternoon."

Hana sighed, the side of her face meeting my back as she hugged me even tighter.

"It's been weeks. Why isn't your mom reacting?"

"I don't think we have been very convincing." I turned around, my hands meeting Hana's waist as I leaned against the bathroom counter. "Danny and I have only been on one proper date, and that was weeks ago."

"You two hang out all of the time though."

"Not alone. We are always with the group. Ever since Danny and Min-jun started dating, the momentum has died."

"So what? Are you going to pick it up a notch or something?" I nodded. "And what does that entail?"

"More dates for sure." I replied, pulling her closer to me, and I couldn't help but smile seeing the jealousy in her gaze again. "Probably more physical contact."

"How much more?" She asked, our noses grazing as she rested her bent arms between us.

"Enough to get a reaction out of my mother." I replied, fully pulling her body against mine. "Should I take it this far?"

"You better not." She whispered, a soft smile forming on her face. "I'm not the only person you have to worry about kicking your ass if you do, now."

Her response made me laugh, and soon the two of us were making out for the umpteenth time in the suite of a hotel one of my connections manages on behalf of his family.

It was a beautiful Saturday in Seoul. The sun was bright, and the sky was clear. The bathroom Hana and I were in had large windows surrounding it, and given how far up we were in the high-rise building we could see everything but no one could see us.

"I need to head out." I said, breaking the kiss. "I told Danny I would be at her place by 2:30."

"Do you think you can sneak back out to see me, tonight?"

"Possibly." I replied. "Feel free to stay here for as long as you want. Ji-ho and I worked out everything. This will be where you and I meet up throughout the week going forward."

"Really?" She asked, her smile bright.

"I promised you I would figure something out. He'll keep our reservations confidential and we'll always be prioritized when it comes to this suite. We just need to be careful when coming here often. Switch up how you get here, and avoid coming through the main entrance."

"Got it."

I pecked Hana's lips before I stood up straight and made my way around her and out of the bathroom.

"I think I'll just spend the rest of the day here. I need to knock out some homework, and my youngest sister is having some friends over."

"Okay. You can stay the night if you want. I'll try to get back here. I just don't know if I can stay the night again."

"Where does your mother think you were last night?"

"Here at a hotel party" I replied, slipping on my watch. "She knows Ji-ho's family well. She won't suspect me being here often since him and I have known each other for awhile."