Chapter Eighteen: The Break Up

Danny POV

My lips quivered as I looked at my phone screen, my vision blurred for the 100th time watching another news channel report on what was being called the biggest news of the summer.

"It's been 24 hours since KD Group and JQ Cosmetics released a joint statement announcing the engagement between the official heirs of the two companies."

"Park Min-Jun and Bae Haneul are set to wed next summer. Many are already saying this will be the wedding of the year! The two individually have a huge following on social media."

I couldn't help but whimper seeing the dashing pictures of Min-Jun appearing on the screen, followed by the images of the literal supermodel that was apparently his fiancé.

"Park Min-Jun is said to be a financial and business genius and is known for his charming personality and impressive looks, which is the reason he has 1 Million Instagram followers as a non-celebrity."

"Mega-Celebrity Bae Haneul, also known as the "Nation's Sweetheart" has nearly 10 Million followers due to her stunning beauty, talent and kind heart. The Top Model and Award Winning Actress is said to be over the moon that Park Min-jun is the man she will spend the rest of her life with."

The tears started streaming down my face as I tossed my phone to the side of my bed.

Even after a full night of crying, the tears wouldn't stop coming. I had never felt so distraught in my life, not even when the guy I thought was my first love turned me down. I felt betrayed and lied to by a man I had trusted more than anyone, and what was making matters worse was that I still had not heard a word from Min-jun.

I laid down on my side, hugging my pillow as I balled up as tightly as I could. It seemed to be the only thing helping me deal with the pain in the middle of my chests, even if it was just a little. I was so overwhelmed with questions. Did Min-jun know this was coming? Even worse, was I an adulteress? Was Min-jun actually cheating on this woman with me this entire time?

"Danny." Ji-soo softly called for me, knocking on my bedroom door. "Why don't you come to the restaurant and eat with me?"

I said nothing, closing my eyes and burying my face in the pillow so she couldn't hear me cry.

"Danny, you have to eat something. Please, come out of your room."

I held my breath, doing my best to maintain what I knew could be the loudest sob of the day. No way I could go to Joh-eun Eumsig. That was where my crush on Min-jun started...

"I'll bring you something back to eat, okay?"

I remained silent, and soon heard Ji-soo leave our apartment before I allowed myself to breath and cried my eyes out as loudly as I wanted. This pain was excruciating and I now understood the term heartbreak was literal.

This episode probably lasted for another 30 minutes and I was laying down in my bed, drained from the latest breakdown of the day. I was congested, my eyes swollen and heavy. I couldn't even imagine the state of my hair and I was wearing the baggy grey Adidas hoodie and black spandex shorts I fell asleep in last night, despite the fact it was almost 5:00 in the evening on this miserable Sunday.

I heard my phone vibrate and when I looked to the screen, it was another text from Min-seok. I opened our chat and scrolled through all the messages he had sent me today, alone.

(Min-seok): Please answer your phone.

(Min-seok): At least send me a text Danny.

(Min-seok): Have you eaten?