Chapter Forty-Eight: Forever & Always

Danny POV

"Should we go with a bold or a neutral lip?" Ji-soo asked.

"Tonight's look has to be elegant and natural." Haneul replied. "I vote neutral!"

"I agree!" Ji-soo chimed. "I think a tinted nude will do. Is that okay with you, Danny?"

"Sounds good to me!" I answered.

I was all smiles, staring at my reflection in the mirror that was surrounded by vanity lights.

I felt beautiful, and lucky to have two of my best friends helping me prepare for the important evening ahead.

"I envy how your complexion looks good with so many colors." Haneul complemented as she finished applying eyeshadow to my eyelids. "This brown and plum smokey eye is everything on you! I could never pull this off."

"Trust me there are plenty of colors I can't pull off that you and Ji-soo can."

"Lies." Ji-soo said, as she started applying liner on my lips. "Min-seok is one lucky man. You're stunning and don't have to try, just like your mother. The genes in your family are unreal."

"You've seen her mother? In person?" Haneul asked wide eyed.

"Yeah, she's so hot." Ji-soo said. "Brace yourself. Danny's never going to age."

I laughed with my friends as the hair stylist finished securing my silky straight hair in a sleek ponytail. The side part was perfect, and the ponytail's placement was low enough to maintain the classy look I was going for, but high enough to keep my hair from resting on my back.

"Young Miss. How do you like it?" The stylist asked.

"I love it, thank you!"

"I'll go grab your gown then, ma'am."

I nodded, and watched the stylist leave one of the many bathrooms within the Nam Group penthouse that Min-seok and I were staying in this evening.

"Do you want me to apply wings to your eye makeup, or just mascara?" Haneul asked. "I never realized how long your eyelashes are! They are so pretty!"

"Just mascara is fine." I blushed. "You two are killing me with all the compliments tonight."

"You better get used to it." Haneul said. "You'll be the princess of Nam Group by the end of the evening! Everyone is going to work hard to interact with you during the gala."

"You think so?" I nervously asked. "I know Min-seok's parents have confirmed our engagement with a few shareholders but I haven't been involved in most of the conversations. I'm so scared people are going to be mean when they actually see me."

"Girl, that would be a quick path to unemployment." Ji-soo said. "Even if they don't agree with Min-seok's parents, Chairman Nam is who keeps every person in that room rich. They would never sacrifice their wealth over a relationship that has nothing to do with them."

"I agree." Haneul said. "People will certainly talk behind your back, but no one would be dumb enough to disrespect Chairman Nam's soon to be daughter-in-law. If anything, they will suck up to you to gain his favor."

"And if they do try to mess with you, you know we'll put them in their place if one of the boys don't beat us to it!"

"Thanks, guys." I beamed, and soon the girls were finished doing my makeup.

"You look so beautiful, Danny!" Haneul sang. "Did you already decide on jewelry?"

I pointed to the large black jewelry box on the bathroom counter before Ji-soo grabbed it since she was the closest to it.