Chapter 3 Burning

Wonwoo took clumsy steps towards the shore while Mingyu watched his back not expecting his mind to buzz after seeing the almost naked Wonwoo.

As Wonwoo was walking out while rubbing his arms to create some warmth, his thin, white and slightly droopy shirt was sticking to his body in some parts. His loose pants too where emphasizing his two perky round mounds and the site was enough to make Mingyu lose his rationality. His pupil dilated as he tried to take off his eyes from Wonwoo and tried hard to not think anything sinful.

Mingyu wanted to scream internally at himself as he was thinking about why his mind is all on the vague muscles showing on Wonwoo's back due to the sticking of his shirt.

Why was he suddenly imagining being close enough with Wonwoo and planting a wet kiss on his neck while encircling his waist with his arms and feeling his body?

   These pictures kept coming in Mingyu's mind and also dispersed quickly as he tried to resist but those momentary imaginations were enough to make him feel hot, his blood was rushing towards his brain as well as down but he still followed Wonwoo, still in daze.

When Mingyu got to where his clothes were kept and started wearing them. He saw that Wonwoo was still squatting on ground, trying to search something with his hands trying to feel a particular object around his jacket. Mingyu didn't ask anything to him because he knew that Wonwoo must be searching for his glasses and if he were to ask him, he would have to help him find them but if he finds them for him and Wonwoo wears it, Mingyu won't be able to stare at Wonwoo as unbridled as he is staring now. It wasn't until he was standing fully clothed and doing nothing and maybe Wonwoo saw it with his slightly blurred vision that he asked him for his help.

Wonwoo was feeling very irritated, thinking in his heart about why it's so hard to find his glasses when he had kept them just right next to his jacket. It felt like his glasses has merged with the soil!

Mingyu spotted his glasses at one glance and walked towards it to pick it and give it to him but the closer he came the more he saw Wonwoo clearly and he felt like his breathing was getting slightly faster. The hot surge of blood in his body that he was feeling before was cooled quickly due to the cold water but now that he is in his warm clothes, he started feeling excited again and this time he was feeling uncontrollably itchy. An itch about wanting to do something but not being able to.

He deliberately slowed down and just as he was about to reach where the jacket was placed, he thought about something. He felt reckless but bold after thinking about it. He too squatted down pretending to search and getting up pretending to look down everywhere in search of Wonwoo's glasses and then pretended to unintentionally but actually powerfully stepped on Wonwoo's glasses!

"Ahhh! Nooo... " Still pretending, Mingyu bent down and picked up the broken glasses and Wonwoo too stood up while saying, "Why? Why? What was that sound? The sound of cracking?"

  Mingyu looked at the broken glasses with pity but felt a sense of satisfaction inside and said, "Ah.. Hyung, I'm sorry. It looks like I accidentally stepped on your glasses". Mingyu tried to sound as apologetic as he could but he still got hit on his head as Wonwoo scolded him, " Yaa! Kim Mingyu! You really are an idiot with eyes blinder than me! What do I do now?!"

Though he got hit by Wonwoo, Mingyu was having fun as he saw the angry Wonwoo. For Mingyu, making Wonwoo angry was always fun and he had been pestering him since childhood just like siblings. Though Mingyu won't call them siblings right now but seeing Wonwoo in rage was pleasurable for him and also he has lightly got away from the crime he has committed and had accomplished his purpose. He also felt bad for a while seeing Wonwoo helpless but he was going to help Wonwoo anyway so he didn't feel much guilty.

But still he called Wonwoo in a pitiful tone and said, "I'm really sorry hyung. These glasses where placed slightly under your jacket so I didn't see it clearly and stepped on it. "

"Don't you have extra glasses with you? " Mingyu asked Wonwoo innocently.

"I do have them in our tent but what about now? How am I gonna walk with no glasses? "

Mingyu was just waiting for Wonwoo to say this sentence and readily offered, "Hyung, it's my mistake so obviously I will help you walk through. "

Wonwoo seemed to have been pacified and nodded his head. Mingyu had a broad smile on his face as he took the jacket and helped Wonwoo wear it. His actions seemed like he was buttering up Wonwoo because he was feeling guilty but the actual fact was his fingers were slightly brushing Wonwoo's cold body and he suddenly started feeling special about these small touches while recalling all the times when he had snaked his arm around Wonwoo's shoulder or touched him in a friendly manner. Mingyu then started questioning to himself; he haven't felt anything special before but why today everything felt different to him? It was like discovering a new world for him.

He clutched Wonwoo's right arm with his right hand and wrapped his left arm around Wonwoo's back and started to walk back with him. Due to Mingyu being taller with longer arms than Wonwoo, it wasn't hard to walk like this.

He was this close to Wonwoo, it was the same distance he has imagined before. The distance that was making him feel a kind of burning that would soon swallow him in it's flames.

___________________