Chapter 6 Avoiding

Mingyu was busy taking out big folding tables and camping gas stove as well as ingredients for cooking breakfast for all. They had brought 3 folding tables which were enough to be a big dining table for all if joined together. Working helps Mingyu sort out his thoughts that are messy and concentrate better and also eventually he concentrates so much that he forgets his worries for a certain time period so right now he was working very diligently.

Scoups went to take shower while Wonwoo took his extra glasses and started doing the tedious work of waking every of their friends up. Mingyu kept thinking about what to cook. Actually Haejung guk and Ox bone soup were the best soups for hangovers but the ingredients to make them weren't available and making any of them would inevitably take a long time especially Ox bone soup so he simply decided to make chicken noodle soup. The thoughts of Mingyu were like a real chef but what he was going to make was actually a ready made instant spicy ramen with chicken flavour. But still his cooking skills shouldn't be undermined because he is 'the best at making ramens' that's what Wonwoo has said many times throughout the years.

'Let's make it how Wonwoo likes to eat' Mingyu thought, in a bit of a good mood.

After enduring all the groans and protests by some sleepy heads, Wonwoo walked out after waking up the last person Hoshi and went to Mingyu to see if he needs any help from him. Mingyu was just making some preparations and was still waiting for all of his friends to gather up and then start making it conveniently in a big vessel because making it earlier might cause some of his friends to eat soggy noodles. Wonwoo came to him and started helping him arrange various types of kimchi boxes as well as bowls and chopsticks. While doing these things Mingyu though that they were standing too close to each other and tried to maintain distance with Wonwoo. He couldn't help but take side glances at Wonwoo from time to time. After some time even Wonwoo noticed him being sneaky.

"Why?" Wonwoo asked while touching his own face thinking there was something on his face but Mingyu just shook his head and said nothing. He was being too conscious about Wonwoo's presence near him and if he keeps thinking about this then his heart would start accelerating as well so he just abandoned Wonwoo and the work he was doing and went to Hoshi who was cutely and slowly brushing his teeths while dozing off from time to time. Mingyu wasn't prepared to say anything to him but just for the sake of appearance he pinched the supple cheek of Hoshi causing him to open his sleepy eyes. His facial expression telling how mercilessly Mingyu has pinched his cheek.

"I'm going to make ramen and am going to add extra spiciness in it. You are okay with it right?" Mingyu randomly said whatever came to his mind and after some thought felt that he was being reasonable because Hoshi's spice tolerance was not as good compared to others. But Hoshi who was disturbed for nothing was about to faint with anger because of Mingyu's randomness. Of course he has to eat whatever Mingyu cooks! He has to eat whatever their other friends eats! Does it looks like he has a choice?! Hoshi felt like he was going to explode at the same place he was standing but wasn't able to take his anger out because his mouth was full of foam. This made him feel so frustrated that he became fully awake.

Mingyu wasn't really expecting any response from him because he was brushing his teeth and won't be able to talk but he also didn't wait for Hoshi to nod his head yes or no but simply said, " Well I'm making a hangover soups anyway so it's going to inevitably be spicer. Just bear with it okay even if you disapprove". Mingyu left after saying this with no pity for Hoshi and hearing Mingyu's words made Hoshi feel like he is going to spit out blood rather than foam because of anger but Mingyu felt a sense of happiness after teasing him.

Hoshi became charged up like a little tiger cub and swore to make Mingyu suffer for making him angry for no reason. He quickly went to wash up and get ready.

Mingyu came back and by that time most of their friends had gathered up after brushing their teeth and were sitting on the folding chairs. Wonwoo was boiling the water and Jun was helping him remove ramen noodles from the packets. After they saw Mingyu coming they let him take the lead. Everyone was chatting randomly about anything and Hoshi then started complaining about Mingyu which made everyone have a good laugh at their friend's expense.

When the noodles were done everyone started moving their chopsticks, directly taking the noodles with their chopsticks and into their bowl. Eating and enjoying the taste while eating it with the accompaniment of several kimchi and the spiciness that was bombing their heads with boom brought a sense of satisfaction in them.

Scoups has just taken a bite when he got a phone call and he went to receive it. Jeonghan who was sitting beside him kept turning and looking back at him and saw him smiling from time to time. He took Scoups bowl and filled it with enough noodles, worried that he won't get any after coming back.

Mingyu too had just taken one or two bites when he felt like he has no appetite. He just looked at his bowl helplessly and started feeling faint. He saw Wonwoo looking at him.

"Wonwoo hyung, will you help me finish this? " He looked at Wonwoo and gave him the remaining noodles in his bowl. It wasn't a big deal for them sharing food because they had done it many time and also have shared food with other members especially because everyone was a foodie in their friend group.

Wonwoo placed his chopsticks down and as he was already sitting beside Mingyu, he brought his hand to touch Mingyu's forehead. Wonwoo eyes didn't convey anything but he was very concerned because Mingyu's temperature felt higher than normal.

Mingyu felt a cool sensation when Wonwoo touched his forehead and he suddenly felt very exhausted. He just felt like leaning on someone's shoulder. He just felt like sleeping. His body unconsciously leaned and his head securely made contact with someone's wide shoulder.

____________________

Happy 3000 days carats❤

3000 days since the debut of Seventeen ✨

And have a good day my lovely readers.