Chapter 14 Successful date

'He is not interested in me'

   Minji raised her eyes and looked at Mingyu while taking a bite of her cheesecake. 

   This carefree person who was sitting in front of her had not shown an ounce of nervousness of meeting a beautiful girl like her or interest a boy should have toward the girl he is on a date with. 

   Since the time they have met for this date, they are just eating and making some small talks, talking about daily life and all but Minji felt as if Mingyu was forced to come here, forced to chat with her. Though he was respectful and answered whatever she asked with a smile but that small smile would disappear as soon as after answering her. 

   Most of the time he didn't initiate the conversation but whenever he initiated it, it was always about her Wonwoo oppa. The small things like sharing one of his memory of Wonwoo or talking about his habits. 

   Even the first sentence he said after both of them greeted each other and gave their order to waiter was "Oh, so you too have a sweet tooth" And "Wonwoo hyung likes to eat sweet so much that sometimes I worry about his health". 

   Wonwoo was being brought up directly or indirectly in every of their conversation. 

   As for the chats they had on mobile, they were all simple and basic and didn't count as a proper conversation. 

    Though Minji can understand that Wonwoo is the only person they both know mutually and also Mingyu and Wonwoo have been close friends for a long time now but understanding it doesn't mean that she wasn't annoyed by it. 

    Especially for a beautiful girl like her who has many pursuers who wants to date her. She is used to people giving attention to her but here she is the one who is giving her utmost attention. 

    But she can't do anything about it. She like him. She has fallen for him at first sight. 

    It was Christmas Eve when her family went to have dinner with Wonwoo's family. Everything was ready and they were about to have dinner but she didn't expect that a handsome guest was also invited. 

   This handsome guest looked tall, with a bit dark complexion but sharp nose and handsome facial features. 

    The first time she saw Mingyu, she felt warm and fuzzy. He looked handsome but also like a big cute puppy who has a bright smile and shining eyes. Throughout the whole dinner he was very interactive and talkative laughing from time to time. Even when her parents asked him some personal questions he didn't feel irritated and answered with a smile. He also looked close and attentive towards Wonwoo's parents and Wonwoo and even Wonwoo's parents talked with him with a sense of closeness and familiarity. He was just like a family. 

   At that time Minji felt like if only he was a part of their family. Her parents would definitely like such a son in law and she would also want to have such a husband. 

   But the Mingyu in front of her now was totally opposite from a Mingyu then. 

    At first she thought that Mingyu was just stiff because it was his first time dating but as the time went by she realised that he was just not interested in her. Then why did he agree to come to this date? 

   "Let's go somewhere else".

    Minji was a bit annoyed so she stopped pretending to be shy a while ago. She has some experience in dating as she has dated some boys since her high school, she had some tricks under her sleeves to make her look more likeable in front of boys. Most of the boys liked the girls who are cute, shy and considerate so at the initial stage of dating she would always pretend to be shy and loveable but her actual personality was calm and attentive.

   She wasn't shy at all but instead she was observant. To cover her prying eyes she has to pretend to be shy. 

    But till now she has clearly got to know there's no use being shy in front of Mingyu. He didn't find it endearing and didn't mind any of her questions so she dropped her act as well. 

***

   "So where should we go?" Asked Mingyu. 

    "Let's go to the Lotte World. It's been a long time since I went there" Minji replied enthusiastically. 

    Though Mingyu was being somewhat disinterested but Minji couldn't deny her attraction towards him. 

    Just the thought of being on a date with such a handsome and hunky man made her feel giddy when she thought about it so she was able to forget all her previous unhappiness and was excited to visit the amusement park with him. 

    They both took a cab while chatting causally from time to time. 

    Most of the time it was Minji saying 'Mingyu oppa this', 'Mingyu oppa that' and Mingyu felt speechless whenever she called him oppa. 

    If he remembers correctly, Wonwoo had once told him that he and Minji were just a month or two apart and were of same age but she kept calling him oppa. He wondered if all  girls are like her. 

    When they reached the amusement park, the park looked crowded. It was weekend so it was understandable but it didn't stop Mingyu and Minji from having fun. 

    Finally after a long time the air of awkwardness around them dispersed. They played many games and ate snacks and Mingyu felt happy because of the cheerfulness around them. Maybe the quiet atmosphere of cafe wasn't suitable for them. 

    Minji's shyness earlier was making him feel awkward and also a kind of pressure. It kept reminding him that she likes him and he didn't knew how to react to her feeling for him. But now she looked cheerful and fun, very adorable just like a little sister. 

    Though he was still unaware that he was treating her like a sister. 

    He couldn't help but be happy because of her contiguous soft laughs and couldn't help wanting to pamper her. 

    He was genuinely having fun after what felt like ages and also felt like his earlier gloomy self was seeing a positive light. 

    Finally this date was feeling successful to him. 

__________________________

I'm a bit busy lately so I might be a bit late at publishing new chapters but I will try and make sure to publish it daily❤

Good night lovely readers😌