Chapter 33 The deep talk

" Actually, I fell in love with you pretty early, as soon as we became friends" Wonwoo said sentimentally while recalling those bittersweet days when everything was one sided for him.

He still remembers it very clearly, the time his heart started beating for Mingyu, the kid who was brighter as sunshine, always happy, always silly and always positive unlike him.

It was a phase, where he felt that the world has suddenly turned beautiful, as if his gloom has disappeared and everything felt meaningful to him. A phase that everyone should experience, at least once in their lifetime and if they had not then that person is the real unfortunate one. At least, that what he used to think at that time.

A sudden arrival of spring in his life was Mingyu's appearance to him.

"Do you remember the party Joshua organized two years ago to celebrate Dino's first step in adulthood?" Wonwoo asked and made Mingyu recall the day when everyone of their friends kept challenging their own limit of alcohol tolerance.

The party was for Dino, the youngest one in their group. Why was it especially for Dino? Because he was finally allowed to drink alcohol like a real adult and won't be handed juice anymore like a small kid among all the adults. Though Mingyu and Dino are in the same year in university, Dino is still younger than him by one year and he was the only one in their group who was lonely one belonging to different year hence the suffering. But that day every shackle on him were broken and the day was celebrated by everyone, it was the day after his birthday.

"You were dead drunk that day, can't you drink less? Don't you know how heavy you are? It was so difficult for me to send you home" Wonwoo deadpanned. He couldn't help but complain because Mingyu wasn't an obedient person after getting drunk, instead Wonwoo realised that day that Mingyu becomes more reckless and active the more he gets drunk. So a tall, muscular man who couldn't control his steps and also refuses to listen and refuses to even stand still for a moment, even if Wonwoo too had been feeling drunk after drinking few drinks at that time, he started becoming somber while trying to handle such a Mingyu.

"We changed places three times that day and finally arrived at KTV, our last destination. All I can remember is, at that time you kept making fuss that you were feeling dizzy and wanted to throw up. I could only accompany you to the washroom there to keep an eye on you. And suddenly we...s-started kissing." It was surprising for Wonwoo too. Most of the memories were quite blurry for him too as he too had drank a bit more than he usually does but he was definitely much more somber than Mingyu.

After waking up the other day, he tried his best to try and recall more details but he just wasn't able to so he gave up. But this memory did give his confidence a boost as he kept thinking about the hot and searing kiss they had exchanged at night. He could recall Mingyu pinning his hands to the wall and evading his mouth with his soft, elastic tongue. The way their breathing was uneven and their actions desperate was the experience that Wonwoo had felt strongly and could recall it quiet vividly. It left him long for more from Mingyu so he was quite happy thinking that they were equally attracted to each other and if he were to confess now, then the chances of his confession being successful was quiet high.

But who would have thought that Mingyu had forgotten everything about the kiss.

Wonwoo who was going to say, "I like you." Instead heard Mingyu complaining to everyone,"Ah! My head is aching like crazy! How the hell did I manage to get home last night? I don't remember a single thing!" These words were simple, natural and spoken nonchalantly but they were a fatal blow for Wonwoo. He was in daze the whole day, feeling extremely disappointed and hurt.

From that day on he started to keep a little distance from Mingyu, as if forming a thin wall between both of them to prevent himself from getting hurt so easily because of Mingyu. Though he didn't make it obvious but he started to withdraw in his own world. That's when he got to know Jiwan through social media, he started hanging out with her and her girlfriend Sol after joining their dance studio.