14

💚💚

"We there yet?" Louis questions for the fifteenth time of the car ride so far.

"Yes, Lou, we just got here" Harry smiles at the smaller boy, who is
Bouncing in his seat excitedly.

"Yay! Bubbles! Bubbles!" Louis shouts happily, waiting for Harry to walk around the car and open the door for him.

"Okay, baby, you ready to go get Bubbles?" Harry watches on fondly, as Louis jumps out of the car, hugging Harry tightly. Harry hugs back immediately, his favorite thing to do now, hug the smaller lad.

Harry pulls away from the hug after a couple moments, and settles for holding Louis' hand as they walk into the animal shelter.

Harry opens the door for the small hybrid, never letting go of his hand, scared that Louis might run off and get lost without him.

"Hello, we're looking to adopt a puppy today" Harry speaks first when they reach the front desk of the adoption center.

"Yes, did you--" the lady behind the desk begins to speak, but instantly she cuts herself off when she lays her eyes on Louis. "Oh, I remember you. You're the kitten hybrid that they couldn't get rid of at the auction house" she says, as she evilly smirks.

"What are you talking about?" Harry questions, confused by the weird situation.

"I'm a hybrid owner myself. You see, I've been to the auction house that the dear old Louis was being kept at the time. I watched him get beat and well taken advantage of by those men and women. I'm just mad I couldn't actually do it myself. He has always been a pretty little thing, huh?" the fronts desk woman explains, making Harry's blood boil and Louis begin to quietly whimper. "Nobody ever wanted to keep him, complained he cried tooo much."

"You have no right to talk about him like that. He is a human being just like me and you, and should be respected like a normal person. How dare you never help him through those rough times. You are a sick person, honestly." Harry spits out before he is grabbing Louis' hand and dragging him out of the adoption center, not saying another word.

Harry rushes Louis to the car, making sure the hybrid got in okay,
before walking over to the drivers side swiftly, and beginning the drive back home. The whole drive, the pair sat in a uncomfortable silence, Harry absolutely fuming and Louis silently crying, scared he had made Harry mad at any way somehow.

The two of them had reached their house, Harry exited the car, not really waiting for Louis to get out like he always did. Louis whimpers as he watched Harry's retreating figure, as he unbuckled his seatbelt, opening the door, and exiting the car as well.

Louis walks slowly into the house, trying to not make too much noise.

He walks further into the house, finding Harry on the couch, head burried in his hands.

"H-Hazzie?" Louis whispers out.

"Not right now Louis. Go somewhere else, I need time to think. Just, please, I need to think," Harry says, getting up, and heading into his office.

Louis quickly, runs down the hallway, and into the guest bedroom.

He throws himself onto the bed and just cries. He feels like such a
disappointment, like he let Harry down. He has a feeling in his stomach that Harry is going to kick him out, because of the information that was given about himself. Why would Harry
want him when he has been used. Nobody wants something used, something touched by hundreds of men already.

Louis decides to save Harry and himself the pain, grabbing a backpack, a few of his clothes, and walks out the bedroom door.

He contemplates telling Harry or not, but decides against it and just walks right out of the house, quietly closing the door behind him.

He walks the streets aimlessly, trying to find a nice spot to settle down in for the night. He settles down in an alleyway, not too far away from Harry's house. He pulls out the blanket he took from the guest bedroom, wrapping it around himself.

He begins falling asleep when he hears footsteps nearing him, making Louis instantly hide under the blanket, afraid of what is to come.

He's still sniffling, upset and scared and a bit heartbroken even.

"Louis?" the small hybrid hears a worried voice, that he recognizes as Harry's. Louis slowly pulls the blanket down from on top of his head.

"W-what Harry w-want?" Louis stutters out, confused on why Harry is walking towards him right now, thinking that Harry didn't want him anymore.

"Kitten, I was so worried. I came out of my ofice an hour later, and
saw that you were gone. I thought I had lost you. I began searching the whole town and came upon this alley. I noticed the blanket and was hoping it was you. Thankfully it was. Could you please let me explain?" Harry rambles out, his worried expression turning into a relieved one, knowing he found Louis.

"Louis thought Harry didn't want Louis anymore. Louis thought you was mad at him, when mean lady said all that mean stuff. Louis left because Louis thought that what Harry want." Harry's heart breaks at Louis' words, feeling terrible for the way he acted and made Louis feel, yet again, making him feel like he didn't want him, multiple times now. He felt so bad because he wanted completely the opposite, he wanted the boy to feel wanted, safe and loved, by him and everyone and everything around him.

"Please let me explain myself, I want to make this better." Louis only nods in response. "Can I come sit next to you, you're shivering." Louis nods again, shrinking and shuffling next to the black dumpster to let Harry fit next to him.

"Harry e-explain now?" Louis says once Harry gets underneath the blanket, pulling Louis against his chest to warm him up.

"Yes" Harry sighs before continuing. "I'm sorry I ever made you think I was mad at you. I was more frustrated at the thought of you ever having to endure that kind of treatment. I'm so sorry I didn't find you sooner. I was searching the whole town. Please forgive me and let me make it all up to you," Harry explains himself.

"Louis forgive Harry. Long as you not mad at Louis, Louis okay. Still want Louis, right?" Louis questions cutely, head tilting to the side, causing Harry's heart to hurt, knowing Louis thought that he didn't want him anymore.

Louis had thought about Harry the whole time, wanting him to pick him up and take him back, wanting and needing his warmth and love and he's glad and grateful he got that again, he couldn't thank Harry enough

"Oh kitten, I never stopped wanting you. Please come home, to our home, I will make sure you never feel like this again, I promise to do everything in my power to make sure of that, to give you closure."

"Okay, we go now. Me kind of cold" Louis says, lifting himself up from his sitting position, Harry following suit. The pair continues the walk back to their home, Harry ending up carrying Louis and his bag halfway through the walk, Louis complaining he is too cold to walk. Harry did it with pleasure, everything for the boy.

They reach the house, Harry unlocking the door, carrying Louis
through the house and straight to their shared bedroom, hoping that Louis will still want to sleep in the same room as him tonight.

"Are you okay sleeping in here with me, still?" Harry asks.

"Yesh, Louis want cuddles" Louis explains before crawling under the covers of the large king size bed.

Harry laughs at that, pecking his lips softly, Louis blushing

The couple ends up falling asleep in the next five minutes, wrapped in each others arms, happy and relieved.

--

Poor boys, both of them struggling but their bond yet so strong, they make it, they're strong and can face anything and everything together, always and forever.