Prologue

Dedicated to all those women who give without limits and never know when to draw out a line to preserve themselves.

                      ***

Mumbai
India
11:45 pm

The highways of the city of dreams was bustling with traffic even at these late odd hours. While some people were deep asleep, content with the days struggle, others were still working to make use of every second, racing not just against time but even their competitors.

Amongst the dozen of cars that stopped at the red lights ahead, one stood out, catching almost every other by standers attention.

With only three custom-made model in the entire country, the black beast was a show stopper for sure. However, it was no way near defining the beast of a man that sat inside it.

Behind the tainted black windows of the backseat was a veiny callous hand flexing a Rolex, resting on the handrest. Trailing up was a tailored suit sleeve struggling to keep in the ripping biceps underneath. Making way up, corded nerves peek through his loosened top neck button giving way to a face one in a hundred million.

People tried to peep in, but his face stands hidden under the shade, awarding him privacy, just like he liked it.

While no one even dared to touch the dark beast, a kid rushes forward to press his palms on its shining surface, tainting its grace instantly with his hand prints.

" Sir! Please! Give me something! I haven't had a meal in days! Please!"

The kids constant rattling on the window caught the man's attention and he lifts his eyes up to suddenly freeze.

While majority saw the boys shabby tethered clothes, bare mud stained soles, and dirt smudged tainted face.

The first thing that caught his attention were a pair of grey desperate orbs.

Strangely familiar yet unknown eyes.

That surprisingly don't looked like they belonged here, on the streets begging. Eyes too beautiful to be hidden by country side dirt and sin.

Eyes that are too pure.Too naive to have seen such struggle at this age.

" Shoo! Move back kid! Don't taint the car!"

The driver lowers his window glass to speak when the man stops him.

" Chacha don't."

" But Sir he is a beggar-"

" He is not asking for money Chacha. He is not. There is a difference."

The boy doesn't even flinch at the drivers voice. Like he was used to it, toughened up with time. When the boss lowers his glass and makes his brown eyes visible for the first time.

The kids looks at him in surprise, not expecting such attention.

" Are you hungry?"

The kid bobbles his head. Replying honestly.

" V-Very."

The boss picks up a packed paper bag from the side seat and forwards it to him.

" But Sir. You even skipped your lunch and all restaurants are closed at this hour-"

" It's all right Chacha. I will cook something."

The kid looks at the bag reluctantly when the man extends his hand out of the window for him to take it.

" Come on. Have it."

Something shines in those grey eyes. Something akin to fear and then the next thing the boss knows, the bag is snatched from his hands and the kid enters into a sprint.