✭ numbers or words ✭

Kapag writer ka, especially 'pag nagsisimula ka pa lang, madali talagang ma-distract sa "numbers." Dami ng followers plus dami ng reads. 'Yang dalawang 'yan ang madalas na rason bakit nawawalan ng gana ang isang writer, worst, mag-quit. Lalo na at the early stage of their writing career.

Iniisip kasi natin na numbers are always equal to quality. When in fact it is not always the case. Hindi naman ibig sabihin na sikat yung story, maganda na agad. Minsan may story na sisikat pero mabilis makalimutan. Kumbaga, dinaanan ng hype. You don't want to experience that.

If you already want those numbers agad-agad, ask yourself kung confident ka na ba na maraming tao ang makabasa ng gawa mo? Be honest with yourself. Ready ka na ba? Your work will be exposed. Expect that it would be criticized. Can you handle criticism? Can you pay the price of success? Before you ask those numbers, make sure na ready ka.

But, hey, it's always better to take the time writing, enjoying the process of growing without forcing it so you can appreciate every moment of your writing career. Kasi be honest with yourself: when you achieve your desired success, ma-a-appreciate mo pa rin ba 'yong moment na 'yon or you'd want more and more? Learn to appreciate your present. Mas okay rin na mag-focus ka sa paghasa ng writing skills mo. Search for area of improvements.

Instead of numbers, mag-focus ka sa words. What I mean by words is that sa mismong skill ng writing ang bigyan mo ng halaga, not numbers. Numbers are distractions. It is not always equal to expertise. Mag-focus ka mastering the art of writing through writing itself, listening to some podcasts or music, watching movies for inspiration, and speaking to people to improve your communication needed in creating dialogues.

When you do that, you'd find yourself less dependent on numbers. Kasi you must learn to validate the beauty of your art. Kung dependent ka sa numbers, what do you think would happen? Aware ka rito: you feel worthless.

Build that inner foundation na ang mahal mo ay yung mismong pagsusulat and numbers are not your motivation anymore because you've learned to love the art of writing which is to weave words so you can share to the world your gift of creativity. The more you write because you love writing, the more na nabi-build yung inner foundation mo to continue what you are doing despite not having those numbers. The more you persist writing and enjoy the process before your breakthrough, the more na nabi-build yung character mo. As they say, "fast success builds your ego. slow success builds your character."

Kaya make sure to prepare your moment to shine. Just write. You are worthy with or without those numbers. No matter how long it takes, just continue expressing your art. Believe in the process. Believe in your art. Someone out there needs your voice. Most of the time it is you who needs it the most. Be louder.

٩꒰。•‿•。꒱۶
Drino Wang