CHAPTER 4

ACE ROMANO

*after the phone call with Issac*

I was restless. I was scared for the safety of my little brother. I was scared this time I can't save him. I tried to not show my fear to my men.

I hate the Russians. They were always power hungry though we are the most powerful mafia. We try to protect our people unlike them they can't be trusted by anyone.

I was waiting for the arrival of Issac. It has been an hour since I spoke to him. It merely takes 45 minutes to get here from the racing place. As I was thinking of this one of my trusted man barges in my office saying.

"What" I barked. Angry that he just barged in.

"Sir! The racing street has been attacked by Russians" he says

"Did Issac leave the place before the attack" I asked calmly. But I was scared

"No sir we couldn't find him. We think Russians took him" 

I threw a vase that was resting on my table on the wall

"Leave. Go to Noah's room and tell him his presence is required here" I said

He leaves. 

I was reminded of Magnolia. I wish we could be together. I really miss her. I should have stopped dad from sending her but I didn't I couldn't keep my promise to be by her side.

I will atleast protect Issac. This time I will protect my siblings no matter what. I am most powerful-

As I was thinking there was a knock on my door. 

"come in" 

Noah comes in and stares at me for a few seconds and  'what happened' he signalled

Noah didn't speak since the incident. He is selective mute

I explain the situation and ask him to track Issac from the chip installed in his forearm.

'It will take some time ' he writes on a paper 

"Okay" I say cause I know activating the tracker takes time all the younger siblings from Arthur to Issac has this chip though this is unknown to any of the other family members except my brothers and myself.

I believe Noah can find him he is one of the best hackers.

I wish dad was here to help me in this situation. 

*Next day at noon*

Noah comes with his laptop and shoves his laptop on my table.

I see the laptop there was a location. It was Issac's location he was in Italy in an abandoned warehouse.

We can't go there unprepared.

I sent my spy to the place and he brought the architecture of the building and the placement of Russian guards.

We planned an attack. 

According to the attack we were supposed to attack at night. Three groups each group contains 20 of men leaded by one of Romano brothers.

First group is to go to through the main door lead by Alex and Noah will be assisting him.

Second group is lead by Arthur and Nathaniel will be assisting him. They will be leading the team from the window that is at the backside of the warehouse  .

Third group is Me and Elijah. We are supposed to lead from the backside of the warehouse. 

There are 60 men in this mission. The rest of them are assigned to protect the mansion and the warehouses.

*At night*

"We are to protect and save our men. Make sure to protect each other and get out of the place safely. Wear your protection gear and the microphones." I say

A roar of "yes sir" was heard

" Ok lets go" Elijah says

We left to go to the warehouse. We reached the place. Everyone positioned themself as planned. We wait for a few minutes.

"Lets go" I whispered 

We were as quiet as possible not to attract the other guards. We used knives and only guns with silencers and there was no sound except for the thuds of the Russian men falling from the attack.

They noticed the thuds and were alerted. They started to fight us. 

"They are protecting the east side it must be where they kept Issac" Elijah said

"Yes. " I agreed "to the east side team three" I said in the microphone

I lead the way. The Russians were hiding on the way but we figured this and killed all of them on the way.

There was a door at the end. I kicked open the door there were steps leading to the basement.

I entered with Elijah and my team behind me.

There were many doors left and right in here. 

Everyone of us started opening them. All of them were empty. As we were opening the doors we heard Issac calling for help. It was the room at the far end of the basement. Which was hidden in the darkness.

I went to the room it had a lock from outside unlike any other room. I shot the lock.

As I went inside I saw Issac sitting in the middle of the room tied on a chair. All bruised.

I was boiling from anger at the sight of my brother 'I will not spare them' I thought 

"Will you free me from the ropes" Issac says

Elijah rushes to help Issac I couldn't move from my place. Just then Arthur says in the microphone. "There is a bomb in here which will be going of in 10 minutes"

"All the men are to evacuate the building. Issac has been rescued." I said

"Take her too" Issac says

"Who " Elijah asks

Issac points to the far end of the room which was completely dark there was some girl.

"Lets leave she is not important. The bomb is going to blast in eight minutes" I say

"She is important " he says in anger

"Issac " I say loosing my patience

" Its her. Please. Its her " he cries

I couldn't understand his outburst 

"Alice" he says

"What" Eliajh says working on the ropes of Issac's right hand.

I was taken aback by the mention of Magnolia's name. No one uttered her name for so many years. 

"Its Alice, Elijah" he says

I couldn't move at this revelation.

As soon as he was done with the rope on Issac's hand Elijah rushed to the girl picked her up. 

"Ace snap out of it , we have to save them" Elijah says

That's when I went to Issac and untied him.

"There are only a few minutes left before the blast" I say

We hurry out of the warehouse I was supporting Issac while Elijah was carrying an unconscious Alice as he was crying at the sight of our sorella.

'I couldn't protect you but I promise from now on I will ' I promised to my self