CHAPTER 25

ALICE ROMANO

I have been in the library all morning studying everything that a girl my age should have knowledge about  and by far I like most of the subjects I guess it is because I was not able to study.

I was here studying the whole day when Ava(one of the maids) brought me lunch she is such a sweetheart. 

I was tired studying all day I closed my books and went to my room and lay down on the bed closing my eyes and falling into a peaceful sleep

I was awakened by someone touching my head.

I open my  eyes and see Ace standing near my bed I smile a little.

I get up from my sleeping position and sit "How are you Magnolia?" he asks 

I nod "I am fine, you?" 

" I am good" he smiles at me " Are you tired?" he asks me softly 

"Yes I have been in the library all day" I say 

"I know but you first have some dinner before you go to sleep " he says

"I had my lunch and I am not hungry can I skip today please?" I plead

he looks at me for a second " No you can't but you can have your dinner in your room today I will send Hazel with your dinner" he says

I nod at him "thank you Ace" 

He kissed my forehead " she will be here in a few minutes don't sleep " 

"ok" I say and he leaves 

Five minutes later Hazel knocks on the door and comes into my room with a plate and a glass of juice.

"hello" 

"Hi how are you feeling" she asks and hands me the plate filled with chicken alfredo.

" I am fine thank you what about you" I ask 

We have small talk while eating, I finish and she leaves with the plate and glass wishing my good night. I hope the night would really be good.

I get up and change my clothes , my teeth and lie down waiting for one of my brother to come into my room so that I can snuggle with them.

Two hours pass by and no one comes in. I sigh maybe they forgot 

Or maybe they think I am a burden to them ?

No I think it is because I am generally in one of their rooms.

I think they think that I am with one of them ? Does this make sense

I really hope they are not angry or upset with me. Is it because St-Father?

I don't know I really hope everything is fine. Are they fine did something happen to them?

I fell asleep thinking all these and for once I didn't have any NIGHTMARES.

I wake up and see Arthur beside me. I  feel guilty for overthinking and happy that I was wrong.

I smiled  I guess this is why I slept peacefully.

I slowly free myself from Arthur's tight protective grip and head towards the bathroom I do my morning routine.

I enter the kitchen I wish a good morning to Hazel and Ava and get a cup of water and head towards the dining and see the older brothers and Father sitting at their respected seats. 

"good morning" I whisper quietly when I was behind Elijah

"Good morning bambina" Elijah says smiling at me. I smile back