A Fresh Start

Mitsu's POV:

I huffed as I threw the last of my stuff onto the floor of my new apartment.

It was small but it was conveniently close to the university, plus it was super affordable!

I just moved out of my parents house so I could be near the university since they live like two hours away and I don't wanna have to wake up at like 4:00 am and take a two hour bus ride just to get to class.

I'm an only child and I thought me moving away would be as hard on my parents as it was on me but they were so excited to go travel and not have the responsibility of taking care of their 20 year old child that they dropped me off at my apartment the second they got the chance.

They booked a flight for Bali first and from there they're gonna just spontaneously travel...

At least they said they'd send me a post card for every country they visited.

ANYWAYS, enough sulking! I'm gonna start fresh, make new friends and party!

My classes start first thing tomorrow so I'm gonna unpack and put away all my stuff (there isn't much) and then head to bed.

°°°

I woke up to my alarm ringing and groaned with annoyance.

Slapping my hand over it to shut it up, I sluggishly rolled out of bed and headed to the bathroom.

A quick shower later I was brushing my teeth and picking an outfit to wear.

I chose a knee length pastel blue skirt with a pink cashmere baggy sleeves sweater to go on top.

After combing through my short wavy hair, I picked up my plain calico tote bag, slipped on my sneakers and headed out the door.

The building I lived in was old but still in fairly good shape.

Most of the residents here were old people or shady men but the floor I was on, which was the fifth floor, was specifically reserved for students.

I headed down the narrow hallway towards the elevator. It was dimly lit and smelled like wet carpet, which made ne scrunch up my nose in disgust.

Wet carpet reminds me of wet socks which makes me so fucking uncomfortable.

I got into the elevator, pressed the ground floor button and waited for the doors to open again.

As soon as they did, bright daylight poured in through the glass doors next to the reception that led outside.

It immediately put a smile back onto my face and I nearly started skipping towards the squeaky old revolving door.

The air outside was crisp and there weren't a lot of people out on the street so early in the morning.

The town I was in was very green and surrounded by woods that looked like they were straight out of a disney movie.

I could hear the birds chirping and see a few flowers blooming.

It was almost spring and I had waited for the fall semester to be over because I still wasn't sure if I wanted to take up fashion.

I had always been into arts, mainly painting and sketching portraits but it's not like thats gonna make me any money.

Fashion was the only subject that would let me explore my creative side while also letting me make a living out of it.

Plus, I'm excited to make cute dresses for myself not gonna lie.

The walk to my class just took 15 minutes and I was initially so excited to see people my age and make new friends but as soon as I saw the busy crowd of people running around, late for their classes, I started feeling my anxiety levels rise.