A Little Self Love

Mitsu's POV:

I listened to Sitri with confusion.

What the fuck does he want?

I keep getting whiplash, one second he's nice, the next he's an absolute psycho.

I blinked and gasped as the room suddenly looked dark.

It was nighttime and I was in my room again, the moonlight streaming through my open window.

I pushed Sitri and stumbled back a few steps as he let go.

My heart was still beating fast, my eyes stinging from the lack of sleep and crying that had gone on for hours.

I looked up at Sitri, still teary-eyed, and he just stood there looking... defeated? sad?

I wasn't sure I believed his remorse.

What if he does that again? What if he actually hurts my friends and-

"I'm sorry, Mitsu." Sitri broke the silence.

"I promise it'll never-" he took a small step towards me but I backed up, looking away.

He stopped.

"It won't happen again. I was scared, I thought I'd keep you safe if I took you away from the world-"

I looked up at him with wide eyes.

"Did you take me to Hell?" My voice trembled in disbelief.

He chuckled.

"No, Mitsu, it was my Home, well- er- a different version of it. What you saw-"

"I don't -" I cut him off.

I don't want to do this right now.

"I'm tired." I said in a small voice, hugging my bare arms.

Sitri took a step back and I looked up at him.

His eyes were hooded, his mouth a tight line.

"Of course, good night, Mitsu." Sitri whispered.

And just like that, he left.

°°°

Sitri's POV:

I fucked up, I know.

How the fuck do I unfuck it?

If I was her, I wouldn't wanna see me either.

She needs time away from me but I still have to keep her safe somehow.

After a few minutes of basking in my misery knowing I wouldn't be able to touch my princess for a little while, I decided to have her friends keep her company as long as she wanted to be away from me.

It was better than her being alone. Plus, she seemed to be fond of them, I'm sure they'll give her the comfort she needs right now.

I went off to one of her friends, Anna I think, house. It was pretty late but the lights in her house were still on.

I walked past the guards and right through the gate unnoticed and was about to go through Anna's door but thought better of it.

Isn't this the girl Mitsu told me had a gun strapped to her thigh the other night?

I don't think I wanna get shot at right now, not because it'll hurt but because I'll have to explain to her why a bullet through the skull didn't kill me.

I knocked twice and waited.

The door opened to reveal Anna in a onesie.

"You're late, I ordered pizza half an hour ag- wait, you're Mitsu's guy." Anna tilted her head to the left.