A Little Party Never Hurt Nobody

Mitsu's POV:

Despite Sitri's threat, he never came back last night.

He's been busy the last few days doing God knows what and I can't tell if I'm relieved or annoyed at the lack of attention I'm getting from him.

I was feeling kinda low in the morning so I just pulled on a hoodie over some wide-leg jeans and brushed.

It was 7:30 am and I was up early for once so I had a nice, slow, and quiet walk as I headed to class.

The air was chill and the sky was still a gloomy dark gray but I kind of liked the peace and quiet.

It almost felt like I was in a dystopian world where everyone on the planet but me had disappeared.

My tummy grumbled and I decided to head into the convenience store to get something to eat.

The creepy events from the previous night suddenly rushed back to me and I hesitated outside the doors to the store.

It was just Sitri, he hadn't meant any real harm, he's just a jerk who gets off on scaring little girls. Let's just grab what we need and get out.

After the little pep talk in my head convinced me to woman up, I speed-walked into the store, grabbed a Lunchable, paid, and left within two minutes.

See? No biggie. It was nothing.

I sat down on the sidewalk and watched a few familiar faces walk toward the university while I ate.

"Hey, Mitsu!" a high-pitched voice called out.

I turned my head to see a group of four girls walk towards me.

"Oh, hi, Brina!" I smiled and stood up as she approached.

"Lunchables? That ain't healthy, my girl. Why don't you come with us next time? We just came back from Joe's, the little diner in the corner. They have THE best hash browns you'll ever eat." she rolled her eyes back dramatically.

I chuckled awkwardly and nodded, trying not to stare at her friends.

"Oh, sorry. Guys this is Mitsuki, she's a freshman too and we met yesterday. She's part of the pack now." Brina grinned and took my hands in hers.

I smiled nervously, not wanting to make her friends feel like I was barging into their group or something.

"Nice to meet you, Mitsu! Brina told me all about you yesterday. I'm Anna, this is Crystal and Kaya." Anna introduced the other two.

"Hi!"

"Hey!"

Both of them said with a friendly smile.

"Nice to meet you guys too." My face was starting to hurt from so much smiling.

"Don't be intimidated, okay? Just treat us as normal friends." Anna said, slinging an arm around my shoulder as we started walking to the university.

"Yeah, we're actually nice people and nice people need to stick together." Kaya grinned with wide eyes.

I laughed at her silly grin, not feeling like an outsider for the first time since I'd come here.

"We're going out to the club tonight. You're coming." Brina said, as-a-matter-of-fact-ly.

"O-oh, I've never really been to a club before." I said, embarrassment heating my cheeks.

"Neither has Crystal. Don't worry we'll stick together and keep each other safe. I wanna meet some cute boys!" Kaya said giddily.

I smiled in acceptance and felt my mind drift off as their chatter faded into the background.