An Interesting Book

Mitsuki's POV:

*1 week later*

I sigh as shut the book in my hands a little too hard, earning an annoyed look from the person sitting at the same desk as me.

"Sorry!" I mouth and then proceed to slowly turn my head away and cringe.

I've just finished my third book in a week.

Classes have been going slow but not as slow as my social life.

Whenever I try to go up to a group and introduce myself I get talked over or ignored.

All because of the bitch that ran into me on the first day, Stephanie.

I tried to stand up for myself after the incident and confronted her after class but somehow I'm the one that ended up getting blamed for bruising her elbow? Even though I'm the one that fucking fell.

I'm pretty sure she started spreading false rumors about me too so somehow I've turned into the girl who tried to assault Stephanie on her first day.

The bully's calling me a bully.

Oh, the irony.

Anyways, because of her I've become a social pariah. People are avoiding me like the plague and I shouldn't let it get to me so much but it does.

I've been spending all of my time alone at the library.

I sighed again out of boredom. I still have forty minutes to kill before class starts and then I can finally get into my bed and call it a day.

I stood up with the book in my hand and walked toward the aisle behind me to place the book back in its place.

I pushed it into the little space between 'The Secret Garden' and 'A Little Princess'.

As I turned to leave, I heard a dull thud come from behind me.

Turning on my heel, I looked towards the floor and saw a book on the ground. It looked really old and just had a plain brown leather cover with a pentagram carved into it.

It immediately piqued my interest.

I knew the pentagram meant it was probably related to the supernatural so I picked it up and opened it. The title page read 'Demon Summoning and Binding Contracts'.

My eyes widened.

Well this is interesting.

I took it to the librarian to get it issued but she looked confused.

"Where'd you get this?"

"From the 'classics' aisle." I replied, pointing towards it.

"This doesn't have a university stamp on it or a registered number. And I'm pretty sure it wouldn't get approved for the university library anyways." she said, pushing her glasses up the bridge of her narrow nose and squinting her eyes at the book.

"Does that mean I can keep it?" I grinned sheepishly.

She pursed her lips and glanced between me and the book.

"Knock yourself out, kid." she half smiled and handed it to me.

YES!

I grabbed it from her and hugged the book to my chest, an ear to ear grin etched across my face. As I turned to leave, the librarian spoke up;

"Be careful with that. I know its old mumbo jumbo and probably not authentic but better to be safe then sorry." she said ominously.

I nodded grimly, pretending to be serious and then marched back to my desk to get my stuff and leave.

In horror movies there are always two types of characters.

One is the main guy that's logical and usually tries to stop his friends from playing with Ouiji Boards, going to haunted houses or trying to summon demons and spirits.

Then there's the dumb one that does it anyways and lives to regret it.

I'm choosing to be the dumb one today.

°°°

Name: Mitsuki Hanada (Mitsu)

Species: Human (female)

Height: 5'1 (claims she's 5'2 sometimes)

Traits: Shy and easily manipulated. Lonely and in need of either a cat or an incubus (or both)