A Summoning

Mitsu's POV:

As soon as class was over, I bolted toward my apartment.

The elevator was taking too long so I dashed up the creepy dimly lit emergency staircase to reach my room quickly.

By the time I stepped inside my apartment, I was huffing and puffing like a mutt chasing a squirrel.

I took the book out of my bag and tossed the bag to the ground without so much as a glance at it.

Sliding out of my sneakers, I dove stomach-first onto my bed with the book outstretched in my hands.

I opened the 'contents' page and saw a bunch if demon names that I could barely read without butchering the pronunciation.

Turning over to 'how to summon your first demon' I began to read religiously.

Around 20 minutes later, I was finished with the chapter.

For a general ritual, I basically need some candles, a piece of paper to draw some symbols on, an object of personal value, and a needle to draw my blood with.

These vary though, according to what type of demon I'm going to be summoning.

Hmmm, what or who do I want to summon?

Why am I summoning one again?

Oh yeah, cause I need a friend and/or slave to do my work. This is also partly out of boredom...

Maybe I can order them to get my revenge on Stephanie!

My hands trembled with excitement as I shut the book, jabbed my thumbs in between two random pages, and pried the book open again.

Yes, I'm choosing my luck and summoning a demon at random. It might be stupid but it's kind of exciting, like a Christmas present.

The page read 'incubus' in red elaborate cursive writing.

Underneath the title was a drawing of the demon.

It had the head of a leopard, the body of a man, and the wings of a phoenix.

My face scrunched up in distaste.

Maybe I should just summon a demon that won't be too hard to look at.

I read a little about it and it immediately caught my interest.

So an incubus is basically a sex demon and it appears as a handsome man...

A creepy grin slowly spread across my face and I stopped reading and just skipped to the 'how to summon an Incubus' part.

God damn it, of course I have to wait till the witching hour, i.e. 3:00 am, to start the ritual according to the book.

I gathered up the things I'd need for the ritual and wore my night suit which consisted of boxer shorts and a baggy t-shirt.

I then turned the lights off, got into bed, and scrolled through Reddit until I finally fell asleep.

°°°

I awoke around 2:55 am and immediately got out of bed and sat on the ground.

After lighting up my scented candle and putting it in front of me, I got out a piece of paper and proceeded to write a 'letter of intent'.

I wrote that I wanted an incubus demon for a little while because I was lonely (I know it's sad shut up).

It was already 3:00 am which is when I was supposed to do the ritual so I didn't bother writing any details.

Then I pricked my finger with a needle and let no less than five drops drip onto the paper.

After that, I lit it on fire with the candle, let it burn to crisp, and then waited...

Around 13 minutes passed and nothing happened.

I sighed in defeat.

Well, there was a very tiny chance of this actually happening so I shouldn't feel so disappointed.

I blew the candle out in mild frustration and grumpily went back to bed.

As I lay on my back with my eyes closed, I started feeling a little pressure on my body.

It felt like I was being pinned down by gravity and when I tried to sit up, I found that I couldn't move at all.

My eyes flew open and I stifled a scream when I saw a shadow hunched over me.

It was too tall for a normal human being and its eyes were glowing in the dark.

The only reason I could make out the silhouette of this thing was because of the little stream of moonlight pouring in through the window above my bed frame.

I should probably get a night light...

A low growl snapped me out of my thoughts and my breathing picked up the pace.

Its silhouette did NOT look human.

Did it decide to come in its natural form cause I might have a legit heart attack if I see it...

I was suddenly made aware of how silent it was. My heartbeat was pounding painfully loud in my ears.

"You summoned me." It said in a demonic gravelly deep voice.

I opened my mouth to speak but only a little squeak came out.

I clamped it shut, feeling pathetic, and just nodded instead.

"Hmm..." It rumbled.

Its outline started to morph and contort.

The snapping of bones echoed through the room as the thing took on a more human shape. It seemed like a man now.

My eyes widened and I stifled a shriek.

He chuckled at my reaction.

"Took you long enough to react, little girl." He mused, his voice seemed to have changed too. Still deep but a little more human.

He took slow deliberate steps towards the foot of my bed.

"Do you have any idea what you've done to yourself?" I could almost hear him grinning.

The bed shifted under his weight as he started to climb up towards me.

"You've ̶e̶n̶s̶l̶a̶v̶e̶d̶  yourself to a sex demon, you imbecile."

°°°

I'll be using strikethrough text for taboo words since that seems to be triggering Wattpad's guidelines which leads to my book getting deleted REPEATEDLY.