A New Kink Discovered

Mitsu's POV:

After Sitri and I walked home, him lurking in the shadows behind me while I walked ahead, I immediately collapsed onto my bed, exhausted.

I don't know where Sitri went, probably back to hell or wherever his home was.

He had come in through my door and then when I looked back, he was gone.

I spent all night tossing and turning, thinking about the day's events and what to do next.

Though Sitri had shown a different side by the end of all the drama, I couldn't trust that it wasn't all an act.

On top of that, a new predator emerged today.

One that seemed far more sinister and merciless than Sitri.

Who knows how many more might accidentally cross paths with me just because I have an incubus already attached to me?

I can barely handle one, I don't need a whole flock to fend off.

And the way Dante had looked at me before he left made my stomach coil into knots in the worst way.

That look was a plain threat if I ever saw one.

°°°

I woke up on time for once.

I got out of bed, surprised at how fresh I was feeling despite the lack of sleep.

After a quick shower, I brushed my teeth, put on a periwinkle off-the-shoulder knee-length dress, and left for class.

Not a single word of the lecture registered through my tired and distracted mind and I was beginning to think I'd have to repeat the whole semester.

After class, I walked through the crowded hallway, making sure to stay in places where there were lots of people so Sitri wouldn't have the chance to drag me into a dark room.

I suddenly bumped into someone and my books fell to the ground.

"Oh shit, I'm so sor- Mitsu! Hey!" He smiled.

"I have to go." I tried to smile back as I quickly gathered my books.

Shit, if Sitri sees this he'll have an excuse to punish me again...

"Oh, okay. Let me know if you want to walk home together again." He said, the smile lingering on his face.

"No, thank you." I tried not to sound too mean.

I felt horrible for treating him like this after the amazing day we'd spent together but this way I can keep him safe from Sitri.

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion but I quickly got up and walked away, my heart pounding in my chest.

I stepped into the bathroom for a little breather and stared at myself in the mirror.

Now I'm alone all over again.

Why is it so hard for me to make friends?

I want to have someone I can go watch movies with or shop for dresses with or have sleepovers with so bad.

But I'm also scared they'll turn out to be snakes like my friends in the past.

"Cute top, Brandy Melville?" A girl washing her hands in the sink next to me spoke.

Ew, I hate that brand.

I looked around to see who she was talking to and saw no one else present in the room.

"O-oh, no I thrifted this." I said slowly, realizing she was talking to me.

"Cool, that was a test, I hate BM they're so problematic." The girl said, putting some lip gloss on.