3. Big Knives

"You should keep the house". Otto had remarked.

"I couldnt," Aelsa had corrected flustered.

"Its you or I sell it."

"What about when you come back to visit?" Aelsa had asked hopefully.

"I dont think I can come back."

"Mommy, mommy! Are you listening to me?" Lila questioned laughter filled their den pulling Aelsa from the window. From a memory. She got a house on the water. A house with Larys. A house for them to raise a family in. Close enough to the castle but far enough away that her children didnt have to deal with the chaos and madness that was the hub of kings landing.

"Of course im listening!" Aelsa declared turning around. "You were saying how much you love to eat all your green veggies and never want a cookie again."

"'Mama! Thats so not right!" Lila corrected.

"Tell me again," Aelsa requested

"Morning," Larys said kissing Aelsa's cheek before moving to Lila. 

"Hi daddy," Lila said happily. Aelsa loved how happy Lila was. She was her little bundle of sunshine. 

"How are my favorite girls today?" Larys questioned. 

"Mommy's being silly." Lila told him. Larys smiled back at her. 

"I need my morning tea before I can be rational human being." Aelsa offered. 

"Let me fix that then." Larys agreed, putting the kettle on. 

"Mmm, my hero." Aelsa agreed. 

"I'm hungry, can we eat donuts for breakfast?" Lila questioned. 

"How about some eggs?" Aelsa countered moving to the pots and pans, she struck a match lighting a fire, the pan heating, she put a drop of oil down, it sizzled to life before she broke a few eggs. 

"I got the bread!" Lila declared pulling it towards her. "SOmeone," she held out her hand flat. "Hand me the knife!" 

"Nope." Aelsa countered, Larys pulled the loaf back towards himself. 

"Why dont you find the jam." Larys suggested. 

"Awe man," Lila groaned as she got up. "I want to use the big knife." 

"When you turn five." Larys agreed. 

"Really?" Lila declared. 

"Really?" Aelsa dead panned back at him. 

"And a half..." Larys offered awkwardly. 

"YES!" Lila declared jumping up. 

"YOu are such a push over." Aelsa remarked. 

"I can't say no to my girls." Larys agreed. 

Breakfast was plated, Aelsa moved to the boys room, knocking on their doors with the promise of breaking fast as long as Lila didnt eat all the food. Aelsa heard them rustling around inside their rooms, getting ready for the day. She sat back down beside Larys, Lila sloppily poured them all some juice, she was so proud of herself. 

"Mama can I play at the castle today with Uncle Alaric?" Lila questioned. 

"I have work but if you can wake your uncle up from his hibernation-" Aelsa mused. 

"Mama?" Atticus questioned.

"No no I'm mommy's little princess," Lila corrected running to Aelsa.  "I come first!" Lila declared jumping into Aelsa lap.

"Funny your mother says the same thing." Larys mused.

"Larys!" Aelsa swatted a hand back at his chest.

"Ow," he chuckled back, rubbed a hand over his chest. 

"Gross." Ollivander said looking between them. "I dont know what it meant but I'm sure it was something nasty." 

"You are right." Larys agreed. Aelsa swatted a hand at him again but he caught her hand holding it to his chest. She shook her head but a smile pulled at her lips. 

"Dont you have lessons?" Aelsa questioned moving to Ollivander. 

"My teacher is flirting with you." Ollivander countered looking to Larys. 

"Back to me!" Lila instructed. "Mama can I?" 

"If you can get your uncle up and you promise to listen to him-"

"I promise!" Lila shouted. 

"Then alright." Aelsa agreed. 

"I can take you to the castle." Larys offered. "While your mother is hard at work." 

"I love you daddy, but uncle Alaric..." Lila heard the creek of the floor. "You done hibernating?" 

"What?" Alaric yawned back. 

"Thats what mommy said. Now you can take me to the castle today." Lila instructed. 

"Back to me." Larys mused. "You are my little girl, you can't turn into a moody teenager at four." 

"I'm sorry, is LIla saying I'm better than you larys?" Alaric chuckled out. "At least one girl loves me."

"I love you." Aelsa assured reaching a hand out touching his very blonde hair. 

"Lila?" Larys begged. 

"I love you daddy-"

"That was established, thank you." Larys agreed. 

"But I'm UNcle Alaric's wingman." Lila informed them. 

"Ha!" Atticus laughed out. Alaric clearly wasnt aware of this because his face was that of confusion. 

"You are?" Larys questioned. 

"I help him draw the ladies in like Aegon likes to say." Lila agreed. "I don't know if you know this daddy but I'm really cute." 

"You are." Aelsa agreed. 

"And I draw the ladies in." She giggled out. "For uncle Alaric." Aelsa loved that Lila loved her uncle so much and wanted him to find love too. 

"Thanks peanut." Alaric said ruffling her hair. 

"So its not because you are embarrassed to be by your father, thats certainly good to hear." Larys agreed. 

"You need a tiny wing woman." Atticus laughed out. 

"When you are older and start liking girls, you will be glad for the cutest little wing woman you didnt know you had but surely need." Alaric agreed. 

"All the girls say you are so handsome." Aelsa remarked. Alaric blushed. "I listen when people talk about my family." 

"And then you punch them when they say if only he wasnt deformed?" Alaric pondered but Aelsa's face turned to down. "It's okay Aels, I got Lila to help me find a woman." 

"Larys won me over." Aelsa remarked simply. "your girl is out there."

"Why can't we have dragons?" Lila cut in when she heard a dragons cry out the window. Atticus ran to the window staring out as he stepped onto the balcony. 

"It's Sunfyre." Atticus informed them. 

"We are not Targaryen, little love." Larys remarked. 

"But I want a dragon now." Lila countered. "And mama said if I work hard, I can get whatever I want." 

"It's not... impossible." Aelsa rationalized. "But when you are older." 

"Big knives and dragons. Five and half." Lila agreed. 

"I missed something." Ollivander realized. Lila smiled back at him, she moved to her eldest brother putting her hands on his cheeks and looked him right in the eyes. 

"Big knives... and dragons."