35. Tongues

'' All hail Rhaenyra of House Targaryen, Princess of Dragons tone and heir to the Iron Throne and her royal consort, Prince Daemon Targaryen.'' Steffon Darklyn announced as they arrived at the capital.

''Welcome back, Princess.''

''Lord Caswell.'' Rhaenyra remarked as they walked inside. "I would say it's nice to be home, but I scarcely recognize it."

''Mm.'' Daemon agreed looking around it looked like a graveyard.

+

''We have continued to enjoy improved customs duties since the settling of the Step stones. And the extent to which we exploit those is contingent on the harbor master's receipts. Of which, um, uh, the, uh, septons have requested half that again for a bronze bust they wish to co... to commission for the, the Festival of the Mother, which I would not recommend." Beesbury said to the council.

'Thank you for that exhaustive accounting, Lord Beesbury." Alicent told him, she sat in Viserys spot. He rarely left his bed and he was in no shape to rule. Aelsa and Alicent were in charge just as it should be.

''I remind you...'' but the door opened and Alicent turned to the guard.

'' Your guests have arrived, Your Grace.''

''I trust they've been welcomed as befits their station.'' Aelsa remarked.

''As you instructed, Lady Hand.''

'' It was my understanding Lord Corlys wished for his grandson Lucerys to succeed him as Lord of the Tides. The boy has been raised most of his life away from Driftmark. He can fly a dragon, yes, but can he command a fleet?'' Grand master Orwyle reminded them.

''Ability does not alter his claim.''

''The Sea Snake has never formally named him as heir, if it comes to that. The crown must choose what is best for the realm.'' Aelsa assured.

'' He is Laenor's son. What grounds could there be...''

''What indeed, Lord Beesbury. What indeed.'' Aelsa agreed. Otto chuckled.

''We shall hear Princess Rhaenyra's petition, along with those of the other claimants on the morrow." Alicent told them as she rose up

''But...' Beesbury tried again

''I do beg your pardon, my lords, my lady." Alicent tipped her head to aelsa. "I must greet our guests." Alicent told them.

''Shall we levy a tax on the sale of new wool?" Alicent rolled her eyes.

"Go on Alicent. We can manage." Aelsa assured.

''Your Grace... a matter has arisen that requires your attention.'' Erryk said as they left the small council room.

" Whatever it is, Ser Arryk, it'll need to wait." Alicent hissed

''I'm Erryk, Your Grace.''

''Of course. My apologies, ser.'' Alicent agreed. Twins. She hated twins how was she supposed to tell them apart? Aelsa always seemed to know but she didnt have to deal with them regularly.

''It's about the Prince. There's been a delicate situation in his apartments.''

"What did Aegon do?" Aelsa demanded rising from her seat. "Meeting adjourned." Aelsa declared smacking a hand down on the table before moving to alicent.

"I deal with the girl, you deal with aegon." Alicent offered hopefully.

"I might rip his cock off." Aelsa warned.

"I'm fine with that." Alicent grumbled as she walked off.

+

''Get up.... Aegon!" Aelsa shouted. ''Get up!''

'' aelsa? What is it?'' Aegon groaned rolling over still hung over his head in the pillow his ass hanging out.

"Im going to castrate boy." Aelsa warned and be stiffened.

"What? What is it! Whats wrong?" Aegon countered.

"What is it? What is it? What is it?" That's all you can say for yourself?'' Aelsa hissed.

''Has something happened?' aegon said turning around pulling the sheet with him

''Dyana.''

''Mm?'' aegon said confused.

''The serving girl.'' Aelsa hissed aegon still didn't understand. ''Oh, for the gods' sake. The girl, Aegon. The one you sent fleeing from your company.'' Aegon got up stretching out his arms.

''Oh, it was just harmless fun. She didn't need to go and get upset about it.' Aegon remarked nonchalantly. Aelsa smacked him across the face.

"Aegon!" Aelsa demanded.

"Ow," he groaned.

''Think of the shame on your wife, on your family your mother. On me too my boy. How can you keep carrying on like this? Today of all days your mother has enough on her mind.'' Aelsa remarked.

''Why? What is it today?'' Aegon asked pulling on his pants.

''Aegon!" Aelsa declared sitting beside him.

''I did not ask for this. I've done everything my mother asked me to, and I try so... I try so hard, but it will never be enough for her or for father.'' Aegon realized.

"Raping women. Innocent women is not doing what you are told. You want a fuck go pay for a whore." Aelsa demanded. "Not this. Never this. Aegon you used to be such a sweet sweet boy and now... Aegon you bring tears to my eyes." Aegons face turned down.

''Have you seen Dyana? She's supposed to dress the children.'' Helaena asked when her mother approached. Alicent didn't answer. She just hugged her daughter.

"Aelsa Im sorry." Aegon whispered

"Its not I that needs an apology. Your mother is going to deal with the girl. Save your ass but you need to stop this vile behavior."

"I didnt ... I was just drunk and..." aegon shrugged.

"That is no excuse." Aelsa corrected. "I love you Aegon but when you do things like this I dont like you very much."

"I will do better." Aegon whimpered hugging her.

"I know you will. Because I will castrate you if you dont." Aelsa agreed kissing his temple before she got up. "Get dressed."

''It subjects him to considerable pain.'' Alicent went on ''On the advice of the maesters...''

''Ah, the maesters. Of course. It is they who keep him... addled on milk of the poppy while the High towers warm his throne.'' Rhaenyra added stiffly and Alicent let out a hot breath

''Rhaenyra, if you would see him without it, almost blind with suffering.'' Alicent informed them

''Oh, Alicent, I have no doubt it was... an act of the purest mercy, but tell me, for the King's suffering, did the maesters also prescribe the removal of Targaryen heraldry and the installation in its stead of various statues and stars?'' Daemon agreed

''The emblems of the Seven serve only to guide us on an uncertain path. To remind us of a higher authority.''

''And on the morrow, which authority will sit in judgment of my son's claim on his own inheritance?'' Rhaenyra asked

''That would be mine... and the Hand's.'' Alicent agreed

'Ah." Daemon answered glaring back at her.

''But be assured, Lady Aelsa is just and commands me to forget the accusations you have hurled in this room today.''

"Does she?" Daemon mused.

"No." Alicent answered. "She would gladly have your tongues."