38. Already Forgiven

"You were wonderful." Otto remarked. "I assume you will tell the king on the morrow of your decisions in his name?" 

"Yes. Let him enjoy tonight with his family and if they bring it up well then..." Aelsa smirked. "We all know the hands rules these days... I like the current king but he is blinded by Rhaenyra and his idiotic brother." 

"True." Otto agreed. 

"SHouldnt you be at family supper?" Aelsa questioned. 

"No." Otto countered. 

"Well I dont like being alone with you at night so I'm going to pop in say hello... good night otto." Aelsa offered honestly before heading off. Otto stared back at her silently, he listened to the even click of her heels as she walked off. Things were never going to be as they once were. Otto had to move on. 

''Prayer before we begin?'' Alicent offered

''Yes.'' Viserys agreed as they held hands

''May the Mother smile down on this gathering with love. May the Smith mend the bonds that have been broken for far too long. And to Vaemond Velaryon, may the gods give him rest." Alicent said clearly before looking up at Daemon. Aelsa was going to pop in but then she remembered her desk was a mess and she hated leaving it as anything less than perfection or else her mind would be racing so she headed to her office and started cleaning up to get her mind off everything off otto. When she heard the door open she half thought it was otto she was glad she didnt say his name because it was larys that entered. 

"You want to go to the banquet?" Larys questioned.

"Its for family. Which I'm not." Aelsa countered as she tidied up her desk. "I'm almost done I swear it." larys chuckled.

"You are never done." Larys countered. 

''It both gladdens my heart and fills me with sorrow to see these faces around the table. The faces most dear to me in all the world... yet grown so distant from each other..."Viserys told them solemnly. "in the years past." Viserys removed his mask with a thud it landed on the table. ''My own face... is no longer a handsome one... if indeed it ever was. But tonight... I wish you to see me... as I am. Not just a king... but your father. Your brother. Your husband... and your grand sire.'' Viserys said kindly. ''Who may not, it seems... walk for much longer among you.'' Viserys gasped for breath as his chest felt heavy. ''Let us no longer hold ill feelings in our hearts. The crown cannot stand strong if the House of the Dragon remains divided. But set aside your grievances. If not for the sake of the crown... then for the sake of this old man who loves you all so dearly." Viserys requested. Alicent helped him fix his mask back to his face.

''I wish to raise my cup to Her Grace, the Queen. I love my father. But I must admit that no one has stood... more loyally by his side than his good wife." Rhaenyra remarked, she could be civil for her fathers sake. ''She has tended to him with... unfailing devotion, love, and honor. And for that, she has my gratitude... and my apology.''

''Your graciousness moves me deeply, Princess.'' Alicent rose her glass as well. ''We are both mothers... and we love our children. We have more in common than we sometimes allow. I raise my cup to you... and to your house. You will make a fine queen.'' Aegon cleared throat a mischievous look on his face.

"I have to tell you something that has been weighing on me." Aelsa admitted. 

"Oh?" Larys pondered. 

"yeah... I... well... its..." Aelsa choked on her words. Her gaze shifting around the room. "Shall we walk?" 

"I..." Larys hesitated himself as he looked her over. "Whatever you want..." 

"Perhaps we do this another time."