17. Return

"Do we have to go?" Lila questioned as they were already headed to driftmark. 

"Yeah." Aelsa agreed slowly, not moving from bed.

"We are almost there." larys assured. 

"Where's Mr Lion?"  Lila questioned looking around. That got Aelsa up. 

"Did she have it when he left?" SHe mumbled to Larys. 

"I think so." Larys agreed slowly. 

"Check the room you are sharing with your brothers on the ship." Aelsa suggested. Lila ran off. "What if its not here?"

"You remember the fuss she made when she left it at home when we were just at the castle, this will be a mega meltdown." Larys whispered. 

"FOUND HIM!" Lila shouted. "Oh mr Lion, dont hide. I thought I lost you." Aelsa and larys let out a collective breath. 

Vaemond Velaryon spoke for his niece's funeral as they prepared her casket to be sent to sea. As was the Velaryon way. But Laena had married daemon and was a targaryen again. Maybe she was more Targaryen than velaryon now. Aelsa debated that. Fire, they should have set her on fire, at least then it would have warmed up this dreary cold day. The sea spewed up salty water, the clouds were eerily grey above them and Aelsa was cold. 

''We join today at the seat of the sea to commit the lady Laena of house Valeryon to the eternal waters and domination of the Merling king where he will guard her for all her days to come as she sets to see for final voyage the lady Laena leaves to true born daughters on the shore though their mother will not return from her voyage they will all remain bound together in blood salt courses through velaryon blood. Ours runs thick. Ours runs true. And ours must never thin.'' 

"Prince Daemon is staring at you." Larys whispered, Aelsa's gaze shifted just slightly to Daemon. 

"I'm gorgeous, you tell me all the time." Aesla reminded him as she shifted Lila in her arms.

"We done?" Lila questioned. Aelsa yawned and shivered out. 

"Almost." Aelsa hoped she felt a heavy weight placed around her shoulders and glanced to Larys but his hands were perched on his cane, he didnt have an extra jacket. She turned her head seeing otto and she froze, gaze locked on him. 

''My gentleness may the winds be as strong as your back you were sees as calm as your spirit and your nets be as full as your heart. From the sea we came. The sea we shall return.''

"Return." Otto agreed. "To where we belong." Aelsa pulled his coat around her tighter as Laena was sent to the seas. 

+

"Have you spoken to her?" Alicent questioned. 

"I gave her my coat." otto answered. 

"SHe is a married woman, whatever crush you had on her, that has to end." ALicent reminded him. 

"Yet it was Aelsa that requested me back." Otto corrected. 

"Who's that?" Ollivander questioned as he handed a fruit cup down to Lila from the buffet table. 

"Thats Otto Hightower." Criston answered. "The queens father, and the new master of coin." 

"My mother said i could be co master of coin." Ollivander informed him. 

"Well you are certainly smart enough." Criston agreed.

''Hand turns loom; spool of green, spool of black; dragons of flesh weaving dragons of thread. Hand turns loom; spool of green..." Helaena remarked finding a spider on the ground she eased it into her hand